Thursday, March 5, 2009

Motivation

I am on a diet. Maybe I wouldn't call it a diet, I am really watching what I eat and consuming less calories. I hate the word diet. I don't like healthy things, never have. I have been told stories of when I was a baby and I would spit out any kind of baby food that was a fruit or vegetable but I sure would scarf down the peach cobbler! That pretty much sums up my life. There just aren't many fruits and vegetables that I like. If I am hungry the last thing I want is a fruit or vegetable. It just isn't satisfying.

I have been watching Biggest Loser this season and it has really motivated me. I HATE working out. Period. Recently I have started jogging in place in my living room, doing lunges, crunches, push-ups, etc. all while I am watching TV. I got the idea from Biggest Loser. They were showing you exercises you can do at home. It really hasn't been that bad. It might not be as great as going to the gym but at least it is something.

Today I am going to buy this.


That's right. A scale. The one I have does not work. I keep telling myself that I am brave for starting a diet right before my birthday. Who can resist birthday cake? Definitely not me! I am deathly afraid to get on the thing because I haven't weighed myself since I went to the doctor back in July and I told the nurse not tell me my weight. Ha!

I am always looking for recipes for the junk food I love but healthier! Weight Watchers is a great place to get healthy recipes. I found this yummy recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skins.


They look so good! There are lots of other yummy healthy recipes. I just hope I can keep up my motivation. Sorry for the boring blog but there just isn't much going on this week to blog about. I do have a fun weekend planned and will be sure to take lots of pictures!

1 comment:

Mrs. Ventrca said...

Maybe we can be accountability partners! I am counting my weight watcher points...boo! I hate it too. It seems like just when I am doing so good, I too, am tempted with something SWEET! So hard to resist!!