Sunday, March 22, 2009

Exhausting Weekend

This has been an extremely busy weekend for me. I am so tired and I can barely move. I will start from the beginning and WARNING...there are lots of pictures!

Thursday night Dustin cooked shrimp, chicken & beef skewers with squash and zucchini on the grill. They were so good! He also grilled pineapple. I was in heaven. Then we relaxed and watched Grey's....one of my favorites!





Friday night Dustin was working and I came home and cleaned out my closet. That was chore. I also cleaned out all my drawers. I have a ton of clothes that I am getting rid of. I can't believe I held on to some of my clothes for so long. I took a picture of the mound of clothes but it really doesn't do it justice. It is a huge pile and I still have to go through and fold it all and put it into garbage bags to take to Goodwill or CCA.

Saturday morning Dustin came home from work and we went to eat breakfast at IHOP. Yum! Then after that we headed to Lowe's to get all the stuff for our landscaping project. My dad had to come meet us to haul all the stone back to our house. We started landscaping about 10:30 that morning and didn't stop until 5:00 that afternoon. We still didn't even finish. I was so sore I could barely walk.

Here are some before pictures.

All the stone for the edging.

Jax & Maribel trying to help but really just getting in the way!

The main flower bed before we started landscaping.

One of the trees before we started.

Clark came by to help!

Me working hard! I have terrible look on my face....I think I was completely exhausted at this point.

Then Saturday night Dustin and I some how managed to get up enough energy to shower and go to Pete's Piano Bar with my mom, dad, sister and Clark. We had planned this over a month ago. Clark & Nadalee were home for Spring Break. We had a blast! My dad had never been before and I think he had a good time....I think it was a little loud for him though.

Me & Dustin

Nadalee & Clark

Hilarious! They were doing some dance to the song Happy Happy Joy Joy. I was laughing so hard!


Sisters!


Mom, Dad & Me

Then this morning Dustin and I finished landscaping. We only had a little bit left to do and we wanted to get it over with. It didn't take us too long to finish and I must say that our yard is looking good. One of our neighbors stopped by to compliment our yard! It was exhausting and expensive but so worth it. Our yard looks 10 times better! Here are some pics of the finished product!

The main flower bed.




I am exhausted but it was a fun weekend! I still have a bunch of stuff to do today. I haven't even showered yet. We are about to grab something to eat then I have to give the dogs a bath, do some laundry and clean up around the house. It never ends. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

1 comment:

Mrs. Ventrca said...

looks great! I still want to come over and see yall's house!