
This picture was taken last year on Easter. I love Easter! I love the spring time weather and I love everything that Easter represents. I thought I would list my favorite things about Easter.
1. Easter Service: I love going to church on Easter. I love it almost as much as Christmas Eve service. I love worshiping our savior Jesus Christ and thanking him for dying on the cross for my sins. I also love the music during worship. The whole experience is just awesome.
2. Family: Every year my family gets together after church for Easter lunch. My entire family attends the same church and we usually always eat as a family after church but it is extra special on Easter. Dustin and I recently started attending a younger church and we love it very much and I am excited to attend their Easter service this year. My mom cooks a big lunch and everyone comes over to eat. I love it!
3. Easter Baskets: I love Easter baskets. They are so fun! To this day, my mom still puts together an Easter basket for my sister and I. They are usually filed with candy and a small gift such as cute socks or a shirt. This year my mom got me a pair of shorts from Old Navy. I used to put together an Easter basket for Dustin when were dating. I can't wait to have children so I can make their Easter baskets every year.
4. Easter Candy: I know that it is the same old candy that you can buy year round except everything is in bright spring colors and egg shaped! I love it! I have been buying a lot of Easter candy lately and I need to stop! My figure does not appreciate it!
5. Easter Egg Hunts: I have not hunted Easter eggs in years but it was my favorite childhood memory of Easter. My dad, my uncle and my grandpa would the hide eggs all over the yard and then my sister and I would go looking. There were always 2 eggs that were filled with money, one for me and one for my sister. Sadly, we don't have any little kids on my side of the family so we haven't done an egg hunt in a long time.
What is your favorite part of Easter and do you have special plans?











4 comments:
Yeah! Sounds like a busy day.
I love Easter also, sounds like you will surely have a great time. Happy Easter.
Ps: I just emailed you about a blog interview.
don't you just love easter and it's traditions?!?
sounds like you are going to have a great one.
I love Easter too.. and everything about it.. I have to say it is one of my favorite worship services.. the music.. and the message!
Post a Comment