I just had a "not so funny" experience this afternoon. I am sitting here at work working away when my cell phone rings. I didn't recognize the number and I usually don't answer numbers I don't know, but this was the same area code as the area where my husband works. He had just called me from the fire station (which I have that number programmed in my phone) but they have multiple phone lines. So I answer the phone and this was the conversation:
Me: "Hello".
Chief Shelley: "Yes, this is Chief Shelley and I am calling in regards to your husband"......I think my immediate reaction would have been has something happened to my husband but since I had just talked to him less than 15 minutes ago and he was at the station I didn't get too worried.
Me: "Yes".
Chief Shelley: "First of all, don't worry nothing has happened to your husband".....a sigh of relief. "Your husband just walked in here and was being disrespectful to me and I am calling to tattle on him". "He says his behavior is due to lack of sleep this weekend due to the numerous activities and work you made him do this weekend".
Me: "Oh is that so. I don't recall that being the case."
Chief Shelley: "This will be grounds for dismissal and he just asked for a pen to sign on the dotted line".
Me: Thinking to myself: What the heck? (actually it was a different choice word but I am keeping this clean). I am speechless at this point.
Chief Shelley: "I didn't think you would agree with his decision since I know you guys have a house payment".
Me: "No, sir." "You just let me talk to him".
Chief Shelley: Laughing "I didn't think so and I am just kidding." "Your husband didn't believe I would call you".
Me: Big sign of relief..."Okay you just send him home to me and I will take care of his behavior".
At first I was believing the whole conversation but towards the end I thought something was a little fishy. Turns out they were just playing a joke on me. I guess it was kind of funny in the end. I have met the fire chief and he is just one of the guys. He cuts up and jokes with all the guys just as much as they cut up with each other.
Sounds like they are getting a lot of work done around the station today huh? I guess they don't have anything better to do. Wish I didn't.
Happy Monday friends!











4 comments:
omg - not funny! You better tell them to watch their backs!
Ha! How long has your husband been a FF? My husband got hazed so much in his first year. His lieutenant used to take me in his office for little "chats" and he wouldn't let Tony in. It would drive him nuts!
oh my gosh.. I would of been freaking out!! What a not soo funny joke! Love your Easter outfit.. you looked stinking cute and how cute you guys that you took your dogs to pick out treats! love that!
Okay I know this is awful. Yes I am married and yes I am going to ask. is it just me or are FF really cute..LOL
Post a Comment