Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend Rewind

It is has been such a fun but not too eventful weekend. Just the way I like it! I guess I will start from the beginning....

Friday night Dustin and I had date night and we went to eat at 2 new places in town. We went to eat at Palio's Pizza and then we went to Yogurt Story. Yogurt Story is new yogurt place in Denton and they have about 8 different flavors of yogurt and then you can put whatever you want on it and you pay by the ounce. It just opened up here in Denton and it was so yummy!

Dustin does not like sweet stuff. He would rather eat fruit than cake or ice cream. I can never get him to go get ice cream with me. He was willing to go try the new yogurt place. He loved it! He got strawberry yogurt and added real strawberries and bananas. It was right up his alley. I got cookies and cream yogurt and added oreos and sprinkles. As Dustin said, I am just like a little kid!



Here we are on our way to dinner. It is horrible picture but I am posting it anyways.




Here is our yummy yogurt!



Saturday I slept in...like really slept in....I slept until 9:30 am. I was so shocked because I usually never sleep past 8:30 on the weekends. It felt great because I was so exhausted from this past week. Dustin and I made a quick trip to Wally World and then I headed to my friend Jennifer's house. She has been sick so I went to hang out with her for a little while. Before I left to go to her house, Jax & Maribel were up at the front door making all kinds of commotion. I went up to see what was going on and I saw this:


A duck in our front yard. It was the weirdest thing. We live really close to a lake so it must have flown over from the lake. It just waddled back and forth across our yard tormenting Jax & Maribel.

The picture is kind of dark. I couldn't get the flash to go off for some reason.

Saturday night we did a repeat of Friday night except we went with my parents. They wanted to try the new pizza place and yogurt place. Dustin and I really liked it so we didn't mind going again. This time I got peanut butter yogurt with Reese's pieces and chocolate chips and Dustin got the Georgia peach yogurt and added fresh strawberries, banana and pineapple. Don't judge us please for eating yogurt twice in one weekend. At least it was yogurt and not ice cream. It was a little less fattening! Then we came home and cleaned the house from top to bottom. We had to get a new vacuum cleaner and it works great.

Today Dustin is at work so not much is going on. I have some things I need to get done around the house and then it's Sunday night TV. Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters is all new tonight!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Pizza is my very favorite! I could eat it every day! By the way, love the duck in your front yard! Too funny!

The France Family said...

That yogurt looked yummy! I cant believe your hubby would rather have friut than sweets! Man I wish that was me! I love sweets!

Jordan said...

That yogurt looks awesome! Good thing we don't have one of those anywhere near here, or we would be there all the time. We might have to try next time we roll through Denton, though!