I work in Dallas and live near Denton which is about 35 miles north of Dallas. It takes about an hour each way to and from work with traffic. Fortunately I carpool with my co-worker Stephanie. We live about 5 minutes from each other. Each day we take turns driving.
The perk of getting to carpool is we get to use the HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lane. You can enter and exit the HOV lane at certain places. The HOV lane is divided by double white lines from the regular lanes of traffic. You can only enter and exit when there are dashed white lines. Those of you that live in Texas know all this but this is for readers who don't live in Texas. Do they have HOV lanes in other states?
Moving on, Steph and I are always crossing over the double white lines. I don't want to have to sit in traffic just to get to one of the entrances. It could take forever. I was just thinking the other day that one of us is bound to get pulled over sooner or later. We only cross the double white lines at least 4 times a day to and from work.
I must have jinxed us because yesterday Steph gets pulled over for crossing the double white lines. Darn those motorcycle cops! Luckily he was a nice policeman. We were on LBJ Freeway (the busiest freeway in Dallas). We were even stopping traffic on the opposite side of the freeway. You know, everyone always has to slow down when something is going on on the side of the road.
Steph must have really good luck because the cop gave her a WARNING! If it were me, I would have gotten the ticket even with my fire department sticker on my car! Steph's husband is a fireman too and she has her sticker on her car. I think it came in handy yesterday! Thank goodness! I have gotten 3 speeding tickets in my lifetime and I have always gotten a ticket. Never a warning. What about you? Do you have good luck when getting pulled over?
So glad it is Friday but I am a little bummed. Dustin and I were going to go to The Glass Cactus tonight to watch The Josh Weathers Band play. His good friend Josh is the lead singer and he also sang at our wedding. Our plans fell through because Josh is not the lead gig tonight and it costs $25 to get in. Josh will only get to play for an hour and it is not worth paying $50 bucks for the both of us to get in. That is crazy! So now we have no plans. Looks like we might be staying in tonight.
Have a good weekend friends!











4 comments:
I NEVER get warnings!!!! Lucky! So since yall carpool, do you share traffic tickets??? :)
Ohhh, so it is you who I'm always mad at!! People who don't follow the HOV laws!! SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!
I'm not going to say my luck with cops... I don't want to jinx myself!
i ALWAYS get a ticket. im working on my 8th speeding ticket so far.. no good, i know! i love your blog :)
The IAFF sticker has saved us more than once!! We got pulled over coming back from the lake last weekend, and Tony got let off with a warning. Crappy schedule, but the job does have it's perks! haha
Post a Comment