
This literally was me last night. Dustin was on shift last night so I was by myself. I am used to spending every third night by myself while he is at work and I usually never get scared. I got in bed around 11:00 to go to sleep and I turned the TV off and it was really quiet....just like I like it. Then my dogs heard a noise and leaped off the bed and out the doggie door. I have 2 Boxers who think they are big and bad. At this point I was not scared because they do this from time to time.
When they were outside they kept barking and growling and running from one side of the back yard to the other. They were going crazy. They finally came back in and settled down and so did I. About 10 minutes later I heard a noise outside and so did the dogs. They were up again and outside in no time. They were running from one side to the other barking and growling again. They kept going to each of the gates in the back yard. I was getting really scared at this point. I kept thinking what if someone is out there and then I kept thinking what if they hurt the dogs, what if they try to break in? I was panicked. I grabbed my phone to call Dustin.
He told me to turn on the outside lights and go see. Yea right! I was not stepping foot outside my bedroom. He told me his shot gun was under the bed. Problem # 2, I don't know how to use the thing. Guns scare me. I could see myself sitting there trying to figure out how to use the thing as the robber comes inside and I say "excuse me Mr. Robber but I don't know how to use this thing, think you could show me?"
The dogs settled down again and I thought it was over. About 15 minutes later we heard another noise and boom they were off. I was scared to the bone. So I grabbed the phone again and called my dad. I was going to see if he could come stay with me. He told me to calm down and if I was really that scared to call the police. I didn't want to bug the police over nothing. He kept talking to me and finally convinced me to go to the front bedroom in the house and peek out the window to see if I see anything. I got enough courage and when I peeked out the blinds.....
I discovered that my neighbors across the street were having a small get together. There were about 5 or 6 cars and a few people standing outside talking. I almost started laughing. I could only imagine if I had called the police....I would have looked like a huge idiot. Now I know what the dogs were going crazy over and I let them fool me into thinking some one was trying to break in.
I am such a scaredy cat!











No comments:
Post a Comment