Saturday, February 14, 2009

Weekend Madness!

First, let me start out by saying our weekend did not get off to a great start. On Friday we were going to Rockwall to meet our friends Matt & Miranda for dinner. Dustin was going to pick me up from work. It took him over 2 hours to get my office because of a wreck. By the time he got there he was in a very bad mood. He does not do well driving in traffic. I was stuck at work until 6:15 on a Friday.

This is Dustin pouting because it took so long to get to my office.


We finally get to the restaurant in Rockwall about 7:00. We were the first ones there so we went and sat at the bar and had a drink. We ate at Kyoto which is a Japanese hibachi grill. Matt & Miranda showed up about 30 minutes later.

Matt & Miranda



Miranda & I


After Miranda's other friends arrived we finally got to sit down and eat. I was starving because we didn't eat until almost 9 o'clock but the food was yummy!

Dustin and I got home so late so we didn't go to breakfast this morning like we had planned. So we opened Valentines' gifts this morning instead.


Dustin being the scrooge that he is (ha!).


I got him a bunch of his favorite candy and tickets to the Ft. Worth Zoo. He has been dying to go to the zoo. I finally caved in and got him tickets.



Dustin got me the sweetest card and a bag of M&M's (my favorite candy). We agreed not to get a lot for each other because we are refinancing our house. Besides that is about as romantic as Dustin gets (ha!).

Then we went to sign our tax return....yay! that means money for us!!! After that we went and ate lunch on the square and then ran to Target and the grocery store. I ordered some curtains for the kitchen from JCPenney and I needed to get some curtain rods. We hung the curtains this afternoon and I think they turned out great! I am not a very creative or decorative person by nature (ha!).

The kitchen/dining area

Tonight Dustin is grilling steaks and making mashed potatoes. Yum! We are staying in tonight and will probably go rent a movie. I am excited to go see Confessions of a Shopaholic tomorrow with Kelsie and Jennifer! Now I am off to walk the dogs.

Happy Valentine's Day!






1 comment:

Nadalee said...

I like the curtains! Have you gotten any for the living room?