Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Scrooge and A Romantic

So I have discovered that I am married to a scrooge. I guess I kind of knew of his scrooge like personality when we were dating but it seems to have gotten worse. Don't get me wrong my husband can be romantic when he wants to be, but it is not very often. Me, I like holidays such as Valentine's Day because I like getting cards for loved ones and cute little Valentine's Day gifts. It's fun! My husband not so much. He won't even recognize the holiday. I will admit Valentine's Day is over commercialized and honestly why should we recognize our love for our significant other on one day out of the year. We should do it every day.

I went yesterday and got all my Valentine's Day cards and I mailed them out today. I love sending and receiving mail. I also got Dustin's gift yesterday. It is nothing big because I had no idea what to get him. We aren't doing anything special for Valentine's Day but we might go to breakfast/brunch on Saturday morning. Trying to go any where for dinner on Saturday night would be impossible. Does any one have special plans for Valentine's Day?

On a side note: I did find a good recipe from Southern Living....Candy Bar Pie.



Here is the recipe. It looks so yummy! It has a baked pretzel crust. Also, if you go here there is lots of other delicious dessert recipes.

1 comment:

Drew and Kelsie said...

MMM that pie looks WAY yummy!!! We don't have plans for Vday either... that is know of at least!!