Thursday, February 12, 2009

So Annoyed


I am starting to get annoyed with American Idol. I love this show and I always have...probably because I secretly wish I could sing. I sing when I am by myself and I love to pretend I can sing like Carrie Underwood. I wish!!

It seems to me like it is not just a singing competition anymore. I started to see signs the past few seasons but this season is really bad. Last night when I was watching to see who made the final 36 you could really tell that some people made it through for other reasons. It was especially obvious when they had the sing off between the 2 blondes. Simon wanted to keep the better looking blonde even though her voice was not as strong as the other blonder. (I can't remember their names so I will refer to them as the "blondes".) In the end the blonde with the better voice made it. I realize that appearance is part of the package when you become a celebrity but still, this is a singing competition.

They also kept certain people because they are entertaining and make for great TV. Example being, Norman Gentle. Yea, he was funny but there were better singers that got cut so they could keep him on to make for better TV. So annoying. I hope he does not become another Sanjiya (excuse my spelling) that stays around because he is funny while other talented singers go home. Not that any of this is really that important but I am avid watcher of American Idol and it just really annoys me.
On a brighter note: I am so glad it is almost the weekend. Don't really have any big plans but we are going out with our friends Matt & Miranda tomorrow night for Miranda's birthday. Oh and I am really excited for the Grey's Anatomy / Private Practice crossover event that was supposed to be last week. I love these shows!! Yes, I know I am a TV addict!

1 comment:

Drew and Kelsie said...

OK well, what about Tatiana?! OMG she is awful!! I like Norman Gentle... you be nice to him!