Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday Survey

I saw this fun survey on another blog and I thought I would play along. Here are my questions and answers. I am not going to tag anyone but feel free to participate.....Kelsie, Kendall & Nadalee :) !

1. How did you and your hubby meet?

We meet through mutual friends. My best friend Kelsie was dating a guy named Ryan our senior year in high school. Ryan was good friends with Dustin. I was single at the time and so was Dustin. The first time I actually met him was our Senior prom. Ryan and Dustin didn't live in the same town as Kelsie and I so they went to different high schools. Dustin went to prom with Kelsie's best friend Kim and I went to prom with another one of Ryan's friends. Crazy, I know! Dustin and I didn't talk much on prom night but a few weeks later I hung out with Ryan and Kelsie and Dustin came. We started talking and went out the next weekend. Unfortunately I was leaving at the end of the summer to go to school in Lubbock. We dated over the summer but broke up shortly after I moved to Lubbock. We remained friends and would hang out when I came home. The summer before my junior year in college I decided to move back home to finish college. I was kind of seeing someone else at the time but it didn't last long. Dustin and I were still good friends and talked on a regular basis. I was reluctant at first to date him because we were such good friends but I finally gave in and 4 1/2 years later here we are happily married!

2. If you could do any job in the world, what would it be?

This is a tough one for me because I don't really know. I have never had a dream job in mind. There just isn't a job that I look at and say "this would be my dream job". Sometimes I think it would be so great to be a stay at home mom when Dustin and I have kids. If I was to be off work for more than a week I would go nuts. I get so bored but maybe that is because I don't have any kids to run around after. Maybe it really would be more enjoyable if I did have kids but I know I would still strive for that adult interaction everyday. I have also thought it would be fun to be a designer and have my own store. This one would never be realistic because I am not creative enough or artistic enough. It would be fun though! My last job that I guess you could say would be my dream job would be to become a teacher. I think it would be fun and you get the summers off! I have actually thought seriously about getting my teacher's certification and might seriously consider in the next year. The schedule would be wonderful when I do have kids. I would want to teach high school. I think I would connect better with that age group.

3. What are you and your hubby's dreams for the future?

Long Term dreams I would have to say being happy. Yea, we want material things like a bigger home on some land, have children, new cars and go to Hawaii. It is quite possible we may/will achieve all of that one day. My dream is that no matter what we will always find happiness in each other. Our more short term goals/dreams is to go on vacation this summer for our one year anniversary, landscape the yard and possibly some new furniture.

4. Why did you start blogging?

My friend Kelsie introduced me to it. I had no idea that this blogging world even existed. I started blogging at the end of last year and at first I didn't think it was something I would keep up with. Honestly my life is not that interesting. I thought to myself, what could I possibly write on this blog that someone would want to read. The more blogs I read the easier it became. Now, I want my blog to be a journal of our lives together. Something that we can both look back at with our kids. I am not scrapbooker and don't see myself ever keeping up scrapbooks and this is a wonderful way to look back on the events of our life.

5. Who do you look up to? Who is your inspiration?

This one is an easy one for me. My dad. He is the hardest working person I know and he has always done his best to provide for my sister and I. He has taught me the power of unconditional love. He would do anything for us. He always gives more than what is ever asked of him. He has run a successful business for 30 years and can do anything he puts his mind to. I have always been close to him and I am very proud of him.


Side Note: Did anyone watch American Idol last night? I was totally disappointed. Nobody is outstanding. They all seem to be picking the wrong songs. The only one I really liked last night was the 16 year old girl with the red hair, I can't remember her name. I sure hope they start doing better. I am so glad today is Thursday because I am ready for the weekend!

2 comments:

Nadalee said...

umm you made me cry!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Found your blog via Krizzy -- so cute! Liked reading more about you!