Thursday, June 25, 2009

Texas Heat

I don't know about yall but I am so tired of this heat. It is sooo hot outside that I can barely stand it. I love summer because it means getting to wear flip flops and cute summer dresses but I think I love winter more. I would so rather be cold than hot. I think the temperature today is going to reach 103 degrees. If you ask me that is just too dang hot!

I have never been a dress girl. I just can't ever find cute dresses that look good on me. Recently I have been on a dress kick though. I found several cute dresses lately and I have worn more dresses in the past few months than I have in years. They are like my new addiction. I found another really cute dress that I think I am going to have to pick up this weekend.


This one is from Old Navy. I just think it is adorable! It looks cool enough that maybe I won't sweat to death in it!

Another thing I hate about this heat, is what it does to my hair. I have really straight hair...I mean so straight that it won't hold curl for more than 15 minutes. The humidity doesn't help. I found this new flat iron from Instyler and I really want it. Have you seen it or heard about it? It is rotating flat iron that curls and straightens. How cool is that??



I guess some how I think it might magically curl my hair and make it look like this.


In my dreams! I still want it and I might have to break down and buy it at some point. I know there are lots of Chi users out there but I have never owned one. My hair is so straight that just any old flat iron works on my hair. I just run it over my hair a few times after blow drying and it is smooth and straight.

It may be a hot one today but I am so glad it is Thursday! This has been an extremely long week and I couldn't be happier that it is almost over!

4 comments:

Drew and Kelsie said...

I LOVE the heat... bring it on!

Kendall and Brooks said...

oh that iron intrigues me.....I have been very tempted by that commercial!!!!

Carrie said...

I love the dress from Old Navy, it is too cute! I will have to see if our local store has it in stock...the only problem I have with Old Navy clothes is that the t-shirts all seem to get holes in them quickly--like 2 washes tops!

Please let us know how that new iron works, if you get one!

Sherman Shinanigans said...

hey ive been on a dress kick lately too!