We are having so much fun and are not looking forward to the long drive home tomorrow. We have been very busy since we got here.
Friday night we all went over to South Padre Island to have dinner. I haven't been over there in years so it was fun to go over there and see what all has changed. There was still quite a bit of damage from Hurricane Dolly that came through here last July. Several of the hotels are still closed due to damage.
We ate at a seafood restaurant called Blackbeard's. It was so good!
My grandmother and my aunt Kim outside the restaurant.
Saturday my grandmother and I went shopping. I found new bedding for our new bed! Everything was 50% off! So excited! The comforter is Simply Vera Wang and I got it at Kohl's. I got the comforter, pillow shams, 2 sets of sheets and some decorative pillows all for 50% off.
Most of my house is done in brown and red. I got some red sheets and red pillows to accent.
Then we came home and went up to my uncle's ranch. He leases all the hunting and grazing rights. My cousin lives up there and takes care of the place. We drove around and saw lots of deer, wild hogs and turkeys. They also have cattle and horses on the land. During hunting season lots of people come to the ranch to hunt.
It is so pretty up there. This is just one part of the ranch up by my cousin's house. Also on the ranch, there is a rare owl that stays on the property and mates there. He never leaves. It is called a Pygmy Owl. People come from other countries to see this owl. I was in shock when my cousin told me this. I couldn't believe that people would fly all the way from a different country just to look at this owl. You have got to be kidding me! So my cousin took us to go see it.
He is very small in comparison to other owls. Not the greatest picture but he was high up in the tree and my camera zoom is not that good.
This morning we had homemade french toast on homemade bread and homemade syrup. I love my grandma's cookin! I wish I could cook like her and enjoy it! We are having a big lunch too. Don't have much planned for the rest of the day. The dogs and I are not looking forward the really long drive home tomorrow.
I hope to have some good pictures to share for Mutt Monday tomorrow! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
4 comments:
very nice with the vera bedding! i LOVE that place!
Love the new bedding! Looks like you are having a great trip!
love the new bedding! I LOVE redoing bedrooms :)
I love the bedding! Looks like the trip is fun!! :)
Post a Comment