Friday, June 12, 2009

Fabulous Friday

It's Friday! I am looking forward to a weekend of nothing to do!!! Dustin is off all weekend so we are going to relax and do nothing! Sounds fabulous to me!

Since it is Friday I decided to make it a Fabulous Friday! You can head over to Well, That's Just Fabulous to play along.


Today's Fabulous Friday is....Fabulous Summer Treats! There are lots of things I love about summer but the Texas heat is not one of them. It is ridiculous....today the temperature is going to reach 98 degrees but it is going to feel like it is 103 degrees. It isn't even August yet. Yikes!

A good frozen margarita sure can cool me off in this dreadful heat. My favorite summertime margarita is the watermelon frozen margarita from On The Border. Yum!


Another favorite treat of mine is ice cream! Gotta love it! My mom used to always make homemade ice cream in the summer. My favorite was Butterfinger ice cream. It was so good! I have an ice cream maker that I got as gift at my wedding. I might just have to pull it out and make some, but first I have to figure out how. Ha!



I also love Cold Stone. My favorite is the Birthday Cake Remix. What is your favorite ice cream?

I also love this tasty treat!


Watermelon! It is perfect for a hot summer day! Love it!

I came across this recipe from Kelly's recipe blog. Strawberry Pretzel Dessert. It is so good and is perfect for a summer party. I definitely recommend making this.


What are your favorite summer treats??

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Yummy. I am getting hungry it all looks so good. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Drew and Kelsie said...

If we ever get some watermelons out of our garden ya'll will have to come over for some!!

I love summer!!!

Danielle Moss said...

Thanks for participating in this week's fabulous friday! Your treats all look delicious!

Seems that everyone loves nice cold watermelon in the summer time :)

Have a great weekend!

Danielle