Friday, June 5, 2009

South Texas Day 1

Hello from South Texas! It is so very hot here. I think it was about 80 degrees this morning at 7:00. We arrived yesterday after about 9 hours of driving. We were so ready to get out of the car. It was a long trip.

The dogs were so miserable about the last 4 hours of the trip. We tried to stop as much as we could. They love going on rides but not for 9 hours. They leaped out the truck when we got here.


Jax wouldn't even look at me. I think he was mad at me for making him stay in the car for so long. Ha!



Maribel was a little happier than Jax.

Of course we had to stop and get a Blizzard from Dairy Queen. It wouldn't be a trip to south Texas without one!




After we finally arrived my grandmother made homemade enchiladas! Yum! They are Dustin's favorite so she made them just for him. My aunt and uncle came over for dinner and so did my cousin and his new wife. I didn't get any pictures because I was too busy talking and eating. Ha!

The dogs are having a blast. Lots of new places to explore.




Jax checking things out.

There are tons of little frogs and lizards jumping around. They could keep the dogs entertained for hours.

Tonight we are going over to South Padre Island and are going to eat dinner on the beach. This girl is not getting into a swim suit so there won't be any swimming going on. I haven't been over to the beach in years so I wanted to go check things out. Should be fun. I will try and remember to take pictures so I don't keep boring you with pictures of Jax and Maribel. Ha!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Drew and Kelsie said...

Linds- did you make them a cushy bed for the trip?! Spoiled rotten!! :)

Have fun!