This week has not gotten off to a very good start. I am so disappointed and sad. Dustin and I have almost been married a year and I still don't have any pictures from our wedding. Our photographer has been dragging his feet. I only used this photographer because he has worked with my family a lot over the years and I thought that he would be cheaper. From the beginning we could not get a set price from him. I guess that should have been a red flag but again, we have used him so many times over the years for family pictures my parent's and I didn't think too much of it.
We have been working with the photographer to get our wedding album complete without knowing what the total cost would be. Now that we are close to getting the wedding album finished we find out that the album is going to cost $3,000 plus tax. Outrageous!! We have already paid this photographer over $1,200 in fees for our engagement pictures, my bridal portraits and his services for our wedding. We have absolutely no pictures to show for it. I have a couple engagement pictures and one bridal portrait. Maybe where you are from $5,000 for a photographer isn't much but around here it is absolutely ridiculous! To top it all off, he will not give us rights to the pictures. We either have to do the wedding album with him or order prints from him. A 4x6 print is $8. That adds up just as quickly. If you want any other sizes of pictures the cost just increases.
I am so angry and frustrated that I spent most of the day yesterday in tears. My parent's have already spent a lot of money on our wedding and the last thing I want them to have to do is spend another $3,000. Dustin and I just can't afford that right now. I guess this is a lesson learned and BUYER BEWARE! This is has been a very bad start to my week. On the bright side, we are getting out of town for a long weekend and I am looking forward to it.
Does anyone have any horror stories about their photographer or wedding??
We have been working with the photographer to get our wedding album complete without knowing what the total cost would be. Now that we are close to getting the wedding album finished we find out that the album is going to cost $3,000 plus tax. Outrageous!! We have already paid this photographer over $1,200 in fees for our engagement pictures, my bridal portraits and his services for our wedding. We have absolutely no pictures to show for it. I have a couple engagement pictures and one bridal portrait. Maybe where you are from $5,000 for a photographer isn't much but around here it is absolutely ridiculous! To top it all off, he will not give us rights to the pictures. We either have to do the wedding album with him or order prints from him. A 4x6 print is $8. That adds up just as quickly. If you want any other sizes of pictures the cost just increases.
I am so angry and frustrated that I spent most of the day yesterday in tears. My parent's have already spent a lot of money on our wedding and the last thing I want them to have to do is spend another $3,000. Dustin and I just can't afford that right now. I guess this is a lesson learned and BUYER BEWARE! This is has been a very bad start to my week. On the bright side, we are getting out of town for a long weekend and I am looking forward to it.
Does anyone have any horror stories about their photographer or wedding??











2 comments:
I can't believe he won't give ya'll the rights to the pictures!! UGH!! I'm so sad for you... I hope you can come to some sort of an agreement.
Have fun this weekend. Love Ya!
I'm soooo sorry..I feel your frustration!
My photographer didn't take any pictures of just my husband and I on our wedding day. All the pictures we have include other people, whether it's family, wedding party, etc. I went back on his website to see if he normally does this and he doesn't. I spoke to him about it and he asked me to pick out the pictures I wanted him to crop. After I gave them to him he told me there was no way to crop them. Totally frustrating - now I have no pictures of just my husband and I on our wedding day!
Post a Comment