Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thankful

I am pretty busy at work today but I wanted to write a quick post because I had a few things on my mind. Today has not been a good day for me so far and I was crying on the way to work. I got to work and just read Kelly's blog and it really put my problem in perspective. She wrote about a family who just had a baby and while the mom was pregnant she was diagnosed with breast cancer. After she gave birth to the baby she started seizing. She was put on life support and she passed away.

I can't even imagine what her husband is going through. I have so much to be thankful for and my problem doesn't even compare. I am healthy and I have a wonderful husband and family. I also know God is watching is over me. I just pray that God will be this family as they grieve and just love on their little baby girl. They really need him right now and they could also use your prayers.

4 comments:

Christa said...

I read about that on Kelly's blog last night too...it really made me count my blessings! I cant even imagine what that young man is goin through right now.

Jules said...

I didn't read this, but that is incredibly sad. My heart goes out to the family. It really puts things into perspective.

The Pink Chick said...

How sad and how tragic! My heart breaks for that family! They are definitely in my prayers. Also, I am sorry you were having a tough time this morning! You are in my prayers too!

Carrie said...

Wow, that is so, so sad. I didn't read Kelly's blog yesterday, but like you, I just cannot even imagine. That certainly makes my problems seem small as well. Thanks for the reminder. Sometimes we get so caught up, we forget that God is still God no matter what and He knows the desires of our heart and the struggles we face each day. Hope things get better for you soon.