Sunday, September 13, 2009

Relaxing Weekend

As I said in my last post, we didn't have any big plans for this weekend. It poured down rain here the entire weekend. It was very relaxing and it is cool outside. I love when it rains on the weekends when you don't have anything to do.


Friday night we did absolutely nothing. We stayed home and enjoyed the storms and watched TV. Saturday we went to run a few errands. I went to Hobby Lobby and found a few decorations. Hobby Lobby is so overwhelming to me. I love the store and I get so excited when I walk in but then I quickly become frustrated. I see all this cute stuff but I have a hard time piecing it all together. I see something that I like but then I think what could I do with it or where could I put it. Does this happen to anyone else?? So frustrating. I found a few decorations for my table.

I also found this cute sign.


I know it is a little early to be decorating for fall but I don't really get into decorating for Halloween. I'm a little early with the fall decorations. I just think it is wishful thinking. You should of seen the aisles of Christmas decorations already up at Hobby Lobby. I wanted to go crazy but I resisted. I love Christmas decorations. I will be going back soon though. I did buy one fireman Christmas ornament for my tree.

Dustin refuses to go to Hobby Lobby with me but I was able to talk him into going with me this time because there was a sporting goods store right next door. After that we headed to the mall to get a birthday present for my sister. She is turning 21 next weekend. Saturday night we met Eddie, Dustin's Lieutenant at work, for dinner. His wife was out of town and he lives really close to us. He brought his 13 month old son and he is such a cutie. We had fun playing with him at dinner. Then we came home and watched college football.

Today I have done nothing but clean this dirty house. Dustin is working today. It is raining outside and all I want to do is finish watching the Cowboy game and then curl up with my book. Like I said, I love the rain.

We have a busy weekend next week so hopefully my posts will be a little more interesting. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

5 comments:

Christa said...

Love the decorations you bought!

Elizabeth said...

Very cute! I hit up Hobby Lobby last weekend and I also did all of my fall decorating. This way I get two full months to enjoy it instead of only a month.

The France Family said...

Oh my gosh!.... you and I have soo much in common! I went to Hobby Lobby this weekend for Fall decorations too! Ha! This post is soo similar to the one I'm about to write! :)
Glad you had a good weekend!

Annie said...

it's not too early for fall decor! i decorated already as well ;)

wish there was a hobby lobby in my area!!

Tatum said...

It's never to early for fall decor.. I totally agree with that statement above :) I am already asking Justin to get out my christmas decorations so that I can decide what I need to purchase for the new house..It's never to early to be prepared :) Hope all is well!