Dustin was working on Friday and I got off a little early. I did come home and relax on Friday evening. That was nice. It was just me and the dogs. Dustin got off work on Saturday morning and then immediately had to go back to work. He works for my dad part time and he had to go work with my dad on Saturday morning. He got off about noon and then we went to go get his birthday present.
He got a 2007 Chevy Silvarado. It is so nice. We were only going to look and ended up driving this off the lot. His other truck was a small truck and it had 100k miles and the cd player didn't work. It wasn't paid off and I told him we should just go look and see if we could find something with a lot lower miles for around the same payment. It all worked out and they gave him a good deal for his trade in and we ended up getting a little bit lower payment. Since it is almost his birthday I keep teasing him and telling him it is his birthday present.
The dogs were totally excited too. They had to check the new truck out.
I forgot how much I hate buying a new car. We spent all afternoon at the dealership and didn't leave until 5:45. It took forever and I was so glad to be leaving. Then we headed to straight to meet my family to eat for Dustin's birthday. We went to Babe's which is a all you can eat type restaurant. They only serve: chicken fried steak, fried chicken, chicken tenders or catfish. You choose your meat and then it comes with mashed potatoes, corn and green beans. It is all you can eat. It seriously is so good.
Nadalee and Clark being silly.
After dinner we went back to my parent's house to have cake. I got 2 small cakes, one German chocolate (Dustin's favorite) and one white chocolate (since most of my family doesn't like German chocolate).
I think I have told you before that Dustin is not big on celebrating birthdays but in my family we are. So he did not like it when we all stood around and sang Happy Birthday and made him blow out the candles. Oh well, he got over it quickly.
Sunday we went to see our niece Cassandra and Dustin's family. We hung out with them for the afternoon and then headed back home. They live about an hour from us. The dogs had a great time visiting. They were so tuckered out.
Sunday night we went to have dinner at The Kerestine's. We had burgers, baked beans, creamed corn, salad and strawberry shortcake cake. It was so good! Thanks Kelsie for making such a wonderful dinner. She got all the recipes from The Pioneer Woman's blog. You should definitely check out her blog. I don't think we took a single picture. I hate when that happens.
Today I have lots to do around the house. The laundry has piled up and I desperately need to clean the house. Dustin is working today. So it is another busy day around the Wynn household. I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!











4 comments:
Dustin's truck is so nice!! What a GREAT birthday present for him!!! Looks like yall had a great weekend!! :)
Love the new truck! Glad ya'll had such a great weekend! The cake looks yummy! What a cute picture of your dogs sleeping! :)
Yay for the new truck!! Jimmy and I are thinking about buying an suv... but we'll see :) Your "babies" (dogs) are soo cute!
It sounds like a wonderful long weekend spent with good friends and family! I love Dustin's new truck. As far as picture taking goes, my hubby always does silly things right before the camera snaps too. The cakes look delicious and your dogs are so cute!
Post a Comment