Today we kind of had our first bit of fall weather. A rain storm came through and cooled everything off. Now I can't wait for it to actually get cooler. It hasn't rained around here in a while either so that was nice. I even walked the dogs in the rain. I do not like the heat and I can't wait to pull out my sweaters. I also can't wait for those cold mornings which call for trip to Starbucks. Love it!
I am trying to find more fall decorations for my house. My favorite season is Christmas and I have lots of Christmas decorations but not many fall decorations. I think I am going to make a trip to Hobby Lobby this weekend. Any recommendations on where I could pick up some cute but budget friendly decorations?
Not only am I working on getting my house decorated for fall, I am trying to just get it decorated in general. If you know me, you know that I do not have one crafty bone in my body. I always see lots of cute things but have a hard time visualizing it in my house. We have lived in our house for a little over a year and there is still so much I want to do. Obviously money has a little to do with it. I can only do so much at a time. You may remember a while back that I bought new bedding for our bed?

Dustin has been threatening to put foil up in our bedroom window because he thinks it is too light in there at night. He finally threatened me enough that I am working on getting curtains for our room. So, I think I have finally found a fabric that I like and a bonus because Dustin actually likes it too! Here is the fabric I picked....
I think it goes great with the bedding.

What do you think? I am just trying to picture full panels across our window with this pattern. I think it will look okay. Hopefully. See, I was definitely not born to be a designer. For the record, I didn't even pick this fabric out. The interior designer at my dad's store did. I just hope it isn't one of the more expensive fabrics.
Next up after we finish the curtains for our bedroom is cornice boards for the living room windows. After that I want a new dining room table. It never ends.
Today is September 11. I can't believe it has been 8 years. My heart still goes out to all the victims and their families who lost their life 8 years ago today. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We don't have any big plans for the weekend. Thank goodness. I want to curl up on the couch and watch football. Go Red Raiders and Go Cowboys!!! Cowboys have their first game this weekend against Tampa Bay. Yea!!
4 comments:
I cant wait for the cold weather too! It has been raining here to in College Station...I love the rain! I think the curtains match perfectly! I am having the hardest time finding a curtain rod to fit my new curtains for my living room! Hope you have a good weekend!
Love the fabric!! HL is a good place for fall decor, just make sure it is half off when you buy it. You know that! There is this store in Pilot Point called Alco... I have only been there once but they had some cheap fall stuff that was cute. Oh, and Canton!!
Hurry, hurry fall! I agree with you 100 percent. I found some cute and cheap fall decorations at Dollar General. I also went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a few things the other day, but I was saddened to see that they have 17 aisles of Christmas decor already out, but only like four or five aisles of fall stuff. Breaks my heart to rush the seasons so!
I love your new bedding and the curtain fabric will look great with it. You might want to pair a wide red ribbon or cording with the curtains (to use as drawbacks) that might really pick up the red of your throw pillows. Don't you just love when other people offer their 2 cents...sorry :)
Love, love, love your bedding and I love the fabric!
Post a Comment