I can't believe our anniversary has already came and went. This past year has flown by. It is weird to think that I was walking down the aisle this time last year to become husband and wife. Dustin and I had a great weekend! Friday night we went out to eat with
The Kerestines. We went to this really good Italian food restaurant called Don Camillos. Then we came back to our house and played Cranium! The Kerestine's won but not by much! Dustin and I were right behind them!
Saturday morning it rained and I decided to be lazy. I slept in and then gave the dogs a bath and did some laundry. I also read my book all afternoon until it was time to get ready for our dinner. Saturday night we went to eat at
Reata in downtown Ft. Worth. The food there is so good! Dustin got a Buffalo Ribeye and let me just tell you it was to die for. I know the thought of eating buffalo meat may gross some people out but it looks just like beef and is actually a lot leaner. I really wished I had got the same thing Dustin did. I got some type of steak and shrimp. For dessert we had West Texas Pecan Pie. It was probably the best pecan pie I have ever eaten. Our waiter was so nice. He had them write a sweet message on our dessert.

Here is Dustin and I at dinner.

Dustin and I decided to get each other gifts since we didn't exchange wedding gifts on our wedding day. I got Dustin a new watch. He has been wanting a nicer watch for some time now.

Dustin got me a pair of sterling silver earrings with diamonds. I can't wear earrings unless they are 14k gold or sterling silver. My ears get infected if they aren't. It sucks because I can't buy a lot of the cute earrings you see at Forever 21 or Sam Moon.

You can't see the earrings but you sure can see through my shirt! Ha!
After dinner we were going to go to Hyenas Comedy Club but by the time we were done with dinner we weren't able to make the show. We decided to go see The Ugly Truth but we missed all the earlier shows and I didn't want to wait until 10:00 to catch the next one. We decided to rent a movie and came home and got in our pj's!
Sunday morning we got up and went to church with my family and then went to lunch afterwards. Our wedding cake was in my parent's freezer so we went to their house after lunch to cut it. It was so good! I couldn't believe it since it had been sitting in the freezer for a year. The icing and the cake tasted like it was just made that day. I was beyond shocked!
Cutting the cake!

Dustin was not thrilled about having to eat it. I made him do it because it is a tradition.

After we ate our cake we headed to the mall to get Dustin's watched sized and to find him some new jeans. We came home and relaxed the rest of the day. It was a wonderful first year anniversary and I can't wait to see what the future has to hold for us!
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! That's so cool that you saved a piece of your wedding cake from a year ago!
Happy anniversary. The dessert plate is super cute. How was the cake?? We decided not to save he cake top but I love the tradition behind it, very cool.
Happy Anniversary!!! :)
Congratulations! It sounds like you guys had a great anniversary!
Congrats on one year!!! Yayyy!! It looks like yall had a FUN weekend!!!!
Post a Comment