Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Exciting News!

Okay well it may not be exciting to any of you but it is to me! Dustin and I leave for NYC in about a week! I am totally ecstatic! I know we are going to have so much fun or at least I will anyways. Dustin isn't as excited as I am.

The North Texas State & Rodeo is held in my hometown every August. I love all the concerts! There are some great Texas country bands playing this year and you better believe I have tickets! Dustin and I are squeezing in the concerts in between our trip. Plus I love going and seeing people I went to high school with. Another thing I love is the food. You can't beat fair food.

Dustin and I are going to a Cowboys game in September! I have always wanted to go to a Cowboy game. They are playing in the new stadium this year which makes it even better. They aren't going to be the greatest seats but I don't care....I get to go! We are going when they are playing the NY Giants. I am so pumped.

Dustin's 26th birthday is in September. I want to plan something fun but I know he won't let me. He isn't big on birthdays. His family was never really big on birthdays. They had parties growing up but once they were teenagers they weren't a big deal. In my family we always make a big deal about birthdays. That is just how I grew up. My entire family still gets together for every birthday in our family. We usually cook dinner or go out to eat. I may just have to plan something and not tell him. Ha! He will love me for that!

Lots of exciting events coming up...exciting me to anyways! Plus I love this time of year so it makes it even better! You can tell I am in a good mood today!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

6 comments:

Sherman Shinanigans said...

lol you ARE in a good mood! and i totally think you should do something for dustins birthday.. what family doesnt go all out for birthdays?! crazy!

Mrs. H said...

I'm super jealous - you have a ton of exciting events coming up!

Don't forget the TT plays Baylor at the Cowboy stadium in November and tickets are pretty cheap!

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

How fun...I am jealous...NYC in one week. Y'all have a BUSY Fall. I absolutely LOVE fair food! My hubs is the same way. Birthdays in my family are HUGE and his...not so much. He just kind of thinks of it as another day. Enjoy NYC!

Christa said...

That's awesome ya'll are going to New York! I have always wanted to go...I hope I can some day! I love Texas country music too! My favorite is the Eli Young Band!

Amanda Fouts said...

So much fun stuff!!! Yay!!! I'm excited for you!! haha!

Anonymous said...

How fun, lots of great stuff planned. I always loved having a trip planned, something to look forward to.