I know I always say this but man this weekend sure did fly by. Ugh, tomorrow is Monday. Back to another week of work. This weekend was pretty low key. I don't have any pictures to share because I didn't do much.
Friday I came home from work and I started reading The Time Traveler's Wife. The first 80-100 pages were pretty hard to read. It kept skipping back and forth and I really had to pay attention or I would become confused and have to go back and re-read. After I got through the first 100 pages I couldn't put it down. I am almost half way through and I can't wait to finish it.
Saturday I slept in and then went shopping with my mom. Dustin worked 48 hours this weekend so I had a lot of time to myself. I had been wanting to go to this new store called
Charming Charlie. I think they are out of Houston and only have stores in Texas, Louisiana and Georgia. They have clothes, jewelry, purses, shoes and all kinds of accessories. What makes it neat is they display everything by color. So all the black clothes, jewelry and purses are all grouped together.

It is really a cool store. I got a new purse and top for NYC. They are very reasonably priced. I seriously wanted to buy everything in the store. Then we headed over to Target to get a gift for my cousin who is turning 1 year old next weekend. Dustin and I can't make his party because we have a wedding to go to. After shopping I came home and curled up with my book.
Today Dustin and I went to eat at a new frozen custard place called Freddy's Frozen Custard. They have burgers and of course frozen custard. It is so yummy! Then we went to see The Ugly Truth. I finally got to see it. It was pretty funny....not as funny as I was expecting but it was cute. During the previews they showed the preview for The Time Traveler's Wife and I can't wait to see it. It comes out Friday so I need to hurry and finish the book. I am thinking the movie is going to be just as good as the book but we will see.
Well, I guess I am off to go read. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
3 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend! I love custard, yum!!
I have been wanting to read that book, but don't think I will get to it until after I have seen the movie. I think the movie looks so good. I hate when my hubby's shifts fall on the weekend!!!
Glad you had a good weekend! I love Charming Charlie's and how everything is color coordinated! They have cute stuff!
Post a Comment