Friday, August 28, 2009

NYC Day 2

Day 2 was probably the busiest day for us. We were going to try and get up real early and make it to the Today Show but we didn't get there quite as early as we planned. We were still so tired from Day 1 that we slept in a little longer. We headed to breakfast at a deli near our hotel. It was really good. I had a bagel & cream cheese every morning. There are so many restaurants that it is overwhelming.

After breakfast we walked over to the NBC studio to see what was going on at the Today Show. We got lucky and Matt Laurer, Ann Curry and Al Roker were all outside! Meredith was off this week....darn because I really like her. We were able to get a few pictures of them.





The only shot Dustin got of Al Roker was the back of his head.

We watched them for a little bit and then we headed over to Central Park. We didn't really walk through Central Park though. It is so big that we possible couldn't cover it all. They have a zoo inside the park.



After Central Park we headed over to FAO Schwarz. It was fun to walk through and they had a lot of neat toys that you don't see at Toys R Us.



This was the huge jelly bean man inside the store.



Next we began our search for Dylan's Candy Store. It is owned by Ralph Lauren's daughter. It took us a while to find it but we finally did. It was a neat store but very expensive.

Then we headed back to Times Square to catch the bus back downtown towards Chinatown. My mom decided after I told her about the purse we got for my sister the day before that she wanted one. It was a lot harder the second day to find the ladies that were selling the purses. We finally found them and after we purchased the purse we noticed that a cop was following us. We got a little nervous but we finally lost him. I think he was hoping we would lead him to the people who were selling the purses.

After we lost the cop we headed back into SoHo to go to the Fire Museum. First we stopped in Little Italy and ate at a place called Ray's Pizza. It was very good but not as good as Lombardi's pizza we had the day before. The Fire Museum was neat but not exactly what we were expecting. We thought it would be a lot bigger than it was. The entire first floor was dedicated the 9/11 firefighters. The wall below has a picture of every firefighter who lost their life.

The second floor had a lot of old timey trucks.

When were done with the Fire Museum we caught the bus back to Times Square to head to our hotel. We had to go back through downtown on the way. We passed the Federal Courts building where Law & Order is filmed.

And we passed the Municipal Courts building which is also where Carrie & Big got married in the Sex & The City movie.

We got back to our hotel we rested for a little while. I wore a new pair of flip flops that I got at American Eagle and that was the worst decision I made on the trip. I have huge blisters on my feet where the straps rubbed. My feet were so sore I could barely walk. Then we got cleaned up because we had tickets to the 7:00 show of Rock of Ages.

It stars Constantine Maroulis who was on American Idol. It is a rock musical set in Hollywood in 1987. It featured rock songs of Journey, REO Speedwagon, Whitesnake and Pat Benatar. We both enjoyed it. I knew Dustin wouldn't be into seeing a typical broadway musical so we agreed on this one. We both liked it and it was funny.

After the show we ate at a place called Charley O's around the corner from the theatre. After that we called it a night because we were exhausted.

********

We don't have anything exciting planned for the weekend. I am looking forward to relaxing at home. I am sad that my vacation is coming to an end. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Christa said...

I wish you could of seen Meredith too...I really like her! That's too cool that you got a picture of the court house Carrie and Mr. Big got married at!! I love Sex and the City!