Day 1 which was Sunday, was spent traveling. We left DFW airport at 9:45 am, had a connecting flight in Atlanta, and finally landed at LaGuardia airport at 4:00. We caught the shuttle and headed to our hotel. It was after 5:00 pm by the time we checked into our hotel. We rested for a little bit and then headed out. Our hotel was really close to Times Square so we spent the evening walking around Times Square.

Sunday night we ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp Factory in Times Square. It was Forest Gump themed. It was a neat restaurant.

Times Square


Monday we got up bright and early and bought out tickets for the double decker bus tour. If you ever go to NYC I highly recommend the bus tours. We bought passes that lasted 72 hours and you can get on and off as many times as you want. The buses go all over Manhattan and Brooklyn. Our first stop was the Empire State Building.



After the Empire State Building we headed down to SoHo, Little Italy and Chinatown.
After we got off the buss in SoHo we headed towards Little Italy and ate at Lombardi's Pizza. It was so yummy!


They actually had to be sneaky about it because the cops patrol that neighborhood quite often looking for them. I seriously felt like I was doing a drug deal or something, not that I know what that is like.
After I got my purse we headed downtown towards the World Trade Center site.

This is a picture of part of the memorial for the firefighters who lost their lives on 9/11. It was built on the side of Fire Station 10 which faced the World Trade Centers. Their department lost the most guys as they were the first responders.


Next door to the fire station they have a temporary memorial center with some of the memorabilia from the WTC. It was really sad to walk through. They had pieces of the aircraft, fire fighter's helmets, and shoes that were recovered from the site. It also had pictures of the missing people who's bodies were never found. It also had a huge wall showing pictures of the towers after they came down. It is beyond imaginable what took place that day in NYC. I can't believe that this September will be 8 years. I was a senior in high school when it happened and I still remember what I was doing the moment I found out. It is something that I will never forget. I didn't get any pictures inside the memorial center because as my luck would have it, my camera battery died.
We decided not to go over to the Statue of Liberty because one it takes more than half a day to get over there. You have to wait in long lines and then take the ferry over. We didn't want to climb up it plus you have to buy those tickets way in advance. You could see the Statue of Liberty from the pier.

Also on the pier you could get really good shots of Brooklyn and the Brooklyn Bridge.












4 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! Your pizza looks AMAZING!! NYC is still somewhere I've never been, I need to though!
Looks like ya'll had an amazing time! That Forest Gump restaurant looks neat! I would love to go to New York. I have never been!
What a fun trip!
I know just what you mean about the World Trade Center memorial. We visited the site while on a mission trip in NYC a few years ago and it just broke my heart.
Glad you had fun in NYC! I get to go there alot for work and it is absolutley one of my favorite places to go! I am glad that you hit up cannal steet... I love getting my purses there! We also went to the firefighters museum and really were not that impressed.. but I laughed when I saw your pics of the place becaues I think that i took some of the exact same ones :)
Post a Comment