We also took a tour through Harlem. It was very interesting to see. Actually Harlem has changed a lot over the past couple of years. It is quite a different neighborhood now. A lot of the tenants didn't have rent control on their apartments and when their leases were up the landlord's started raising rents. It forced a lot of the low income people to move out of the area. It does not have near the crime or drugs that it used to.
This is the famous Apollo Theatre.
We also visited the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. It was really good ice cream. It was very creamy. It is in an old light house right on the water.
When the tour was over we headed back to Times Square and ate at a pizza place for dinner. Then we went back to our hotel because we had to leave for the airport the next morning at 5:30 am.
We had a fabulous time and I already want to go back.
************
We had a very relaxing weekend and didn't do much. I so do not want to go back to work tomorrow. We did get a new lap top this weekend which I am very excited about. The computer we had was mine from college. It still works fine but I have been wanting a lap top forever. It is taking some getting used to.
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!











No comments:
Post a Comment