Friday, July 31, 2009

Show Us Your Life: Wedding Party & Flowers

Today on Kelly's Korner is Show Us Your Life: Wedding Party & Flowers. I just love all this wedding stuff don't you?

I'll start with my wedding party. My maid of honor was my sister Nadalee. My best friends Kelsie, Jennifer, April and Angela were my bridesmaids. I have known all of these girls for a long time. I have known Jennifer and April since kindergarten. We go back a long ways.


From left to right: Nadalee, Jennifer, April, Angela and Kelsie


Since I only have a younger sister who isn't married yet and my husband only has one niece who was 1 month old at the time, my good friend Stephanie's daughter Rylee was my flower girl.





Here is all of us girls!


Dustin also had 5 groomsman. The best man was his long time friend Brent. The other groomsman were Matt, Josh, Jeremy and Ben. Brent, Matt and Ben are fireman too and that is how Dustin got to know Matt and Ben. Josh and Jeremy, they are brothers, Dustin has know since middle school. Josh is the lead singer for The Josh Weathers Band and he also sang a song for first dance at our reception. More on that next week.

Dustin has 3 nephews Ruben, Isaac and Chris and they were our ring bearers. Chris, the youngest one fell asleep on the steps during the ceremony. It was so cute!


Here is the entire wedding party including my uncle Scott (in the blue tie) and our minster Gary. Gary used to preach at my church growing up and I knew that when I got married I wanted him to marry me. Luckily he was available! Sorry this picture isn't the best quality, I am having to scan pictures from my wedding album which is bigger than my scanner.



Everyone that was a part of our day was really special to us and we were so glad that they could be a part of it.


Now onto the flowers! Am I boring you yet? Ha! I am not a huge flower person. I think lots of flowers are pretty but I don't really pay attention to the all the types of flowers. I kept my flowers simple. I love calla lilies and hydrangea so I knew I wanted to use them in my wedding. The girls all carried simple bundles of calla lilies and the guy's boutonnieres were mini calla lilies. In my bouquet was mini calla lilies, white roses, green hydrangea and stephanotis. On my cake, which I will show you next week, I used tons of green hydrangea.


I can't next week until next week which is Show Us Your Life: Reception & Honeymoon! So fun!


*******


I am so glad it is Friday! I have a super busy weekend! Dustin and I have plans on Saturday night for our anniversary dinner! I will be sure to take tons of pictures to post. Have a fabulous weekend!


4 comments:

Christa said...

Love your dress and the green bridesmaids dresses! Beautiful!

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Those bridesmaids dresses are so pretty! Gotta love wedding pictures!

Anonymous said...

everything is BEAUTIFUL! xo.

Unknown said...

I've so enjoyed looking at all the ladies' wedding photos. There's so much love, beauty and creativity.
I love your dress. Everyone looks so gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful day!