I can't believe today is already July 1. Boy does time fly. Since it is almost July 4th I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite things about 4th of July.
First of all, I love the food.
First of all, I love the food.

I love grilling out. I love almost anything that you can put on the grill. Hamburgers and BBQ have to be my 2 favorites.
I am huge dessert person. I love it all! We are grilling out at our house this year and I still can't decide which dessert I am going to make. My family is coming over and a few of our friends. My mom is making homemade ice cream. Yum! Maybe you can help me choose.
I am thinking of making this Super Strawberry Shortcake.
It looks like heaven on earth.
This is what I am talking about....Peanut Butter S'Mores.

This one might top my list...Chocolate Chip Banana Cream Pie.
Which one do you think I should make? I am leaning towards the Chocolate Chip Banana Cream Pie but they all just look so good. I wish I could make them all but I don't have enough time.
I think these are cute idea for decoration and a snack. If I have time I might try to make them.
A few other ideas I have seen are a burger bar and ice cream sundae bar.
What I also love about the 4th are family and friends. I love getting together and cooking out, eating and talking. So fun!
Of course, it wouldn't be the 4th of July without fire works.
Every year our town puts on a big fire works show. We always used to go as a family growing up. I don't think I attended the show last year but we are planning on going this year.
What are your 4th of July favorites?











4 comments:
Those peanut butter s'mores just made me drool. :)
Since I don't like bananas, I vote for the peanut butter smores. The strawberry shortcake looks good too!
My vote goes to the Strawberry Shortcake! Just add some blueberries around the plate for decoration. Now you've really got a 4th of July dessert.
Wow what a delicious menu. Though since your mom is making ice cream, maybe an ice cream bar, or even brownies to go with the ice cream.
Here is one of our favorite recipes to go with homemade ice cream.
http://newlyweds.wordpress.com/2009/06/23/super-easy-cobbler/
Post a Comment