Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend Happenings

I thought this was going to be an uneventful weekend but it has turned out to be very eventful! Friday night I didn't do anything exciting. I came home from work and cleaned the house. Yuck! I hate cleaning but I couldn't put it off any longer.

Saturday morning Dustin came home from work and he washed my car and mowed the grass. Such a great husband! We got our lawn mower last year when we moved into our house and we got it for $30. A friend of ours saw it by some one's trash and picked it up and took it to have it fixed. He sold it to us for what it cost him to have it fixed. It was nice mower but everything kept breaking on it and Dustin was tired of having to fix it all the time. It would take him twice as long to mow our yard because he was constantly having to fix the mower.

I have been putting off buying a new mower because I didn't want to part with the money. Lawn mowers are expensive! Yesterday was the last straw so Dustin and I headed out to shop for a new lawn mower. The joys of owning your own home. We went everywhere....Lowe's, Tractor Supply, Sears and finally ended up at Home Depot. We ended up buying a more expensive mower than we originally wanted but everyone was telling us it is a great mower and will last 10-15 years. All I have to say is it better last at least 10 years! Ha! Sorry I kinda went on too long about a lawn mower and I don't even use the thing.

Saturday afternoon my sister in law came over with her new boyfriend. She had been wanting us to meet him. They came over and we grilled hamburgers on the grill and hung out and ate. That evening we headed out to play Putt Putt. Don't laugh! When we got there they were running a special for unlimited Go Karts and Putt Putt. We were sold! We spent hours racing go karts and playing putt putt golf. Dustin and I didn't get home until midnight. We had so much fun and I can't wait to go back.

Us getting ready to go race go karts!


We had to take a picture of our ugly shoes. We were all wearing flip flops but they won't let you drive the go karts unless you have tennis shoes. So we had to rent tennis shoes from them and buy a pair of socks. Next time we know right? They were just hideous looking.




This would be the result of Dustin's great photography skills!



My sister in law Tisha.



Such concentration!

It was such a fun night! Today we are going to meet my parent's for lunch and then I have a bunch of stuff to work on this afternoon.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Shannon Dew said...

Looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

Christa said...

Glad you had a good weekend! I love playing Putt Putt too!