Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Books, Books, Books

I have had zero time for reading over the last several months. I love reading and there are so many books that I can't wait to read. I am about half way through Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner. It is the sequel to Good In Bed. I love both books.


Sometimes I have a hard time finding books that I want to read. When you go to the book store there are so many books that it is overwhelming. Most of the time I don't have hours to spend searching and skimming through books to see if I would be interested in reading them. One of the many great things about the blog world is that so many of you are readers like me and post about your current reads. Yea!

I do have a few books that are on my list to read. I love Sophie Kinsella who is the author of the Shopaholic Series, my favorite series ever! Her newest book is called Twenties Girl. I am dying to read this book and will probably be my next read if I ever get to finish Certain Girls.


I also want to read Best Friends by Jennifer Weiner, the same author as Certain Girls. It looks like a great summer reading book.


I want to read the Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. This is actually being made into a movie that comes out later this year. Rachel McAdams from the Notebook is starring in it. It looks really good and I usually like the books better than the movie so I want to read this before I go see the movie.



What are your current reads and have you read any of these books?

*********

You may remember this post where I was ranting about the MTV show 16 and Pregnant? Well, I watched the end of one of the episodes last night and I don't think the show is all bad. The 16 year old girl that was pregnant, her and her boyfriend decided to give their baby girl up for adoption. They knew they couldn't give her a life that she deserved and they wanted her to have a better life than they did. It showed her and the couple that was adopting her baby and it was the saddest but yet happiest thing I have seen. It was very hard for the girl to hand over her baby to her new parents but she did. I cried my eyes out. The new parents were so grateful and knew that they would all be linked for life. It was very moving. Just thought I would share with you.

Happy Wednesday!

8 comments:

Drew and Kelsie said...

I cried watching that one too!! I couldn't imagine having to give a baby up, but they did the right thing.

Shannon Dew said...

I want to read all of the books you mentioned!!! I hear Time Travelers Wife is really good and I'm always a sucker for Sophia Kinsella!
16 and Pregnant...I wanted to hate it so bad and I watched one episode and was hooked!! The finale was so so sad. I cried like a baby.

Christa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christa said...

During the school I never have time to read books...I'm mostly just reading textbooks! Over vacation a couple of weeks ago I finished Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin. And last night I finished the second book called Something Blue by her. I loved them! Great summer books and fast reads! The next book she has is called Baby Proof...I will probably start reading that one this week!

5th Belle Avenue said...

What an adorable blog! I love your colors!

TriciaNae said...

I read Certain Girls last year and CRIED for the entire book. Ha. I'm wanting to read all the other books on your list too...especially Time Travler's Wife...before the movie.

Love your blog...especially as another DFW girl!!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

I LOVED the Time Traveler's Wife!! Such a good book and I can't wait to see the movie!

5th Belle Avenue said...

I'm reading Pillars of the Eary by Ken Follett right now and it is AMAZING! I highly recommend it! It's not a short book, by any means, but great nonetheless. Let me know if you get to read it!