I immediately thought that a skunk was in the house. Dustin was at work and I was too afraid to get up. Ha! Then I started thinking okay the dogs are still in bed with me surely they would have gotten up if they heard something. If they hear anything they are up and outside barking. I laid there a while longer and the smell kind of went away but then I smelt it again....strong. I was getting really scared that there really was one in the house. I was thinking oh my gosh what if it is spraying it's smell all over the house, we will never get rid of the stench.
The smell went away and the next thing I knew my alarm was going off. Thank goodness that there wasn't a skunk in the house. I think I need to start locking that dog door at night.....who knows I might actually wake up to something worse some day. Yikes!











4 comments:
We also have had a skunk visitor lately. My dogs always go crazy and of course it is in the wee hours of the morning. Then my front porch smells horribly for a good day, I'm guessing because the skunk hears the dogs and sprays. Yuck.
you know how I love skunk smell...you should have called. I would have come and "sniffed" it out for you :)
I would def lock the dog door after that experience! Ugh that's so scary, I can't imagine what I would do if there was a skunk in my house!
Ha ha, that's funny, we don't really have to worry about things like skunks in scotland!
Post a Comment