I had a great weekend! It flew by but don't they always? Friday night I came home and cleaned the entire house. It was starting to smell like dog and it was in need of some serious cleaning. I also gave the dogs a bath. I can't ever seem to keep my house clean with two dogs. I hate putting all that hard work into cleaning only for the house to be dirty in less than 24 hours. Those dogs sure do track in a lot of dirt. I wouldn't trade them for anything though!
Saturday I slept in and then watched the Texas vs. Oklahoma game. I can't stand either team so I was neutral. I didn't care who won but Dustin sure was happy that Texas won. Then I ran a few errands with my mom and sister and then came home and watched some of the Tech vs. Nebraska game. Tech won!! Yea!! Then Dustin and I ran to Home Depot, Pei Wei for dinner and then we went to see Stepfather. It was an okay movie. I wished that we would have saw Couples Retreat instead. Stepfather is definitely a movie you want to rent. Don't waste your money to see it at the movies.
Sunday was a busy busy day. I had family come in town from South Texas so Dustin and I headed over to my parent's house and we went to lunch with my family. Sunday afternoon Dustin played in the 1st Annual Colleyville Firefighters vs. Cops softball game! It was such a beautiful day yesterday. The weather was perfect. I don't have any pictures to share though. I took the dogs with me to the baseball fields and I didn't have a free hand for taking pictures. They require both my hands and all the strength my body has. Ha! It is hard not to fall down when 150 pounds is pulling you in different directions.
I am proud to say that the Firefighters won 31-12. Yea!!! It wasn't much of a game if you couldn't tell by the score. Dustin got 2 hits and I was proud of him. Sunday evening we went back over to my parent's house for dinner and to celebrate my grandpa's birthday. I was so excited my grandmother came in town because I sure do love her cooking. We had pot roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn and hot bread. I love my grandmother's pot roast. I have never had a better pot roast. Yum!
It was an early morning for me today but I am leaving work early today so I don't mind so much. I hope you yall had a wonderful weekend and have a great Monday!!!











4 comments:
sounds like a good weekend!
It is always hard to beat a grandmother's home-style cooking! How is your grandmother doing?
Sounds like a fun weekend! I heard that Couples Retreat wasn't too good either so maybe I will rent that one too!
Hope you have a great weeek!
sounds like a great weekend!
i heard that stepfather is a really scary movie.
i used to live with my grandparents, i always think about the yummy foods my grandma used to make for us kids :)
have a great monday!!
I feel the same way after a major cleaning of the house, so I know what you mean about having 2 dogs. Thanks for the advice about The Stepfather. I think I’ll wait for dvd on that one. I really want to see Couples Retreat.
I’m glad that the weather was nice for you and you had some delicious home cooked food from your grandmother. It sounds so good!
Post a Comment