This weekend turned out to be fun even though it started off bad. Friday I left work a little early in hopes of getting home early but traffic wasn't cooperating. It took me over an hour and a half to get home. There was a wreck and I spent about an hour just sitting. Ugh...I really hate traffic.
After I finally made it home, Dustin and I ran over to Chili's for dinner. When we got home it was more bad news. That morning the dogs were due for their heartworm pill. I was running late and I gave them their pill really fast before heading out the door to work. I threw the pills on the kitchen counter. When we came home from dinner they had eaten every single pill. I called the vet and she told me they should be fine but just to be safe we needed to induce vomiting. I had to give both the dogs hydrogen peroxide. It was not fun at all. Dustin had to hold their mouths open and I had to pour the peroxide down their throats. Maribel started vomiting almost immediately. She kept looking at us with those sad eyes like "what did you just do me". It was awful. I will admit I got a little teary eyed. I don't know what I am going to do when I have a child. Maribel threw up about 4 times and Jax never threw up. I figured it was Maribel that ate the pills anyways. Luckily everything turned out fine.
Saturday Dustin had to work and I went shopping with my mom and sister. Before we went shopping my sister went and tried on a few wedding dresses just for fun! Saturday evening my good friend Jennifer came over and we went to dinner. We finished off the night by watching episodes of Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami. Don't ask me why I like that show but I do.
This morning Dustin came home from the station and made me pancakes!! Yum! I haven't had pancakes in forever. Then we headed out to the State Fair with my parents, sister and Clark. When we first walked into the fair we see a police escort go by with 3 black SUV's. We were wondering who was important enough for that kind of security and then we see.......
OPRAH!
I am not a huge Oprah fan but she is a celebrity none the less and it is always exciting when you see a celebrity right?
I love going to the State Fair for the food and to see the cars.
Nadalee and I with our fried Snickers.
And Clark with his chicken friend bacon. Sounds kind of gross but it was actually really good. I can't believe this year's biggest hit was fried butter. DISGUSTING!
We took this as we were leaving and about 5 minutes later it started pouring down rain. We didn't have an umbrella but we did have the Sham Wow that Dustin bought. It came with 4 and you can bet that me, mom and Nadalee held those bright orange sham wows over our heads as we walked to the car. Hey, it worked and only my pants were soaked when I got to the car.
It was a fun day and sadly tomorrow is Monday. I hope you all had a good weekend.
P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway! You can enter on my top left sidebar.











5 comments:
im so glad your babies are okay! that's so scary!
and im so jealous about the fair! looks like you had a blast! and oprah! too cool!
omg that is so sad!!!! Poor babies! What a good mommy you are :)
That is just terrible about your dogs! Yikes. But the fair looks really fun. I am so jealous seeing y'all in jackets. It is too dang hot in Florida...STILL!
oh no :( that is the worst! i have had to feed peroxide to my pup more than once, so not fun! i feel like the worst mommy ever having to do that!
the fair looks like it was fun! fair food is the BEST!!
& i might be just a little jealous that you saw oprah, how cool ;)
I am so happy your dogs are okay!!
That is AWESOME you saw Oprah...I love her!
Post a Comment