Friday, October 9, 2009

High School Days

Sometimes Fridays take me back to my days in high school. Not really something I would ever want to re-live but high school was fun none the less. I remember being in high school and Fridays meant Friday night football games. I loved the bright stadium lights, the sound of the band playing in the stands and the rush you felt when your team took the field. You thought you were on top of the world and that this was as good as it was going to get. Oh to be young again. It does get better.... a lot better.

I remember that feeling of innocence and my only care in the world was making sure that I had plans for the weekend and what outfit I was going to wear. Heaven for bid I stay home on a Friday or Saturday night in high school. You know, it just wasn't cool. Now I love staying home on the weekends. It really doesn't get much better than that.

I remember that feeling of being a Senior and everybody was graduating and going their separate ways. I was filled with worry that things were never going to be the same. They aren't and boy am I thankful for that. I had a sense of loss and I was saddened. I still see my close friends from high school and I wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes I wish....really only for a split second....that I could go back and be young and carefree but then I look at my reality and I am happy right where I am.

I guess my point to all my jumbled thoughts above is, that even though I become nostalgic for my high school days every once in a while I am so incredibly happy where I am today. I love my weekends at home with my husband and my fur babies. Things change and they will always be changing but they get better. I guess this morning was one of those mornings where I wished all I had to worry about was what I was going to wear to the big game tonight.

2 comments:

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

I know, I really think about high school somedays, especially during the fall when I see all the kids going to the football games...makes me want to break out the old cheerleading outfit and lead a cheer : )

Christa said...

I always think about how it would be to go back to high school just for one day and what it would be like?? I am sure things would be so different now! I remember always having to do SOMETHING on a Friday and Saturday night too! It wasn't cool back then to sit at home! lol.