Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy 2010 everyone!  It is going to be so weird putting 2010 on everything now.  I am so excited about this year!  2008 was a fantastic year with getting married and buying and moving into our first home that 2009 just didn't compare.  I enjoyed 2009 but this year is going to be the best yet.  I really just can't wait until July and we finally get to welcome our precious little one into the world.  I can't wait for that moment.

I have never been one to make New Year's Resolutions because honestly I never follow through with them. This year I thought I would make a few goals that I would like to achieve this year.  Now that I have the good ol blog to refer back to, it will be interesting to see if any of my goals were met this time next year.

1. Be a better wife:  I know this is on a lot of your blogs but this has been something I have been struggling with for a while.  I have not been as happy in my job lately with commuting 2 hours everyday and here lately having to stay late every night because we are so busy at work.  By the time I get home everyday I am so exhausted (even more so since this baby has been growing inside me) that my husband and our house have been seriously neglected.  On the weekends when I finally have some free time I can't ever find the motivation to do laundry and clean the house. I know there are a a lot of working wives and a lot of working mothers out there.  How do you do it?  Our lives are going to become even more hectic in July and I just want to be prepared to handle it all.  I will be a working a mom so time is going to be very valuable. 

2. Be a better friend:  Again, with work I don't have time to do anything during the week.  I get home at 6 or 7 every evening and I am in bed by 9 or 10.  It just doesn't leave much time.  On the weekends I try dividing my time between my husband and my family and I often don't make as much time for my friends.  I have a fabulous group of girls that I have been friends with for a long time and I would love to start spending more time with them this year. 

3. Find a church home:  Dustin and I have been struggling with this the past year.  We just haven't been able to find a chuch that has couples our age.  We did get discouraged the later part of 2009 and quit going all together.  I would love to find a church that has couples close to our age that we could become a part of.  I was raised going to church and I want our child to be raised the same way.  It is becoming even more important to me here lately to find a church. 

4. Save more money: We did a really good job of saving money this past year and I am very happy with what we have in savings to date.  I tend to stress about money, just ask my husband.  I get a little nervous knowing we have a baby on the way.  I am trying to save as much money as I can between now and when the baby arrives. I hope that once the baby arrives we can continue to save money. 

Those are my goals for this year.  It isn't a long list but I think I have my work cut out for me.  I hope that I can report in 2011 that I either made a huge attempt to meet my goals or that they have all been met. 

We are headed to my parent's house a little later for a fabulous lunch with all my family.  I hope everyone has a fantastic New Years!

P.S. ~ I really did attempt to stay up until the ball dropped in New York but I didn't make it.  I was asleep by 10:30 central time.  Better luck next year maybe. Ha!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love your resolutions, you can do it!

Don't feel bad, I fell asleep about the same time you did. I'm definately not a night owl!

Mrs. Ventrca said...

You should come and try out our Sunday School class...tons of young couples there!!

Juliana said...

I fall asleep way too early!!!!

I am a new following to your blog! Pop on by to my bloggy blog and follow back if you would like. It is nice to "meet" you!