I was going to do my normal weekend re-cap but you really don't want to hear about my weekend. It was quite boring. I didn't do much of anything. Dustin worked an extra 24 hour shift so I relaxed most of the weekend. We did get out yesterday and go to Babies R Us to look at cribs. We have it narrowed down to 2 that we like and will probably order it in the next couple of weeks.
I have also been looking at crib bedding but I am not going to buy anything until after our 20 week appointment next month just so I can make sure our little boy is in fact a boy. I had no idea crib bedding was so expensive. There is also so many choices that it is overwhelming especially for a decorating challenged person like myself. I also started our baby registry online which is also overwhelming. I decided to start early so it would give me plenty of time to review all the baby stuff and read up on everything. It sure can be difficult. It is nothing like registering for your wedding.
I am 14 weeks and 1 day today! I am officially in my second trimester. I am feeling great and I have had no morning sickness or any nausea at all. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I was extremely tired throughout my first trimester but I have noticed in the past few weeks that I am not as tired anymore. I still have trouble sleeping at night. I just can't seem to get comfortable and I toss and turn a lot. I usually have to get up and go to the bathroom 2 to 3 times during the night. The last few nights I have only had to get up once.
I haven't had any weird cravings yet either. I am usually always craving Mexican food especially chips and salsa. There is a local Mexican food place near our house and I am always craving their chips and salsa. Poor Dustin is so tired of eating there but he has been a good sport about it. I also crave lots of pickles. I eat them a lot....just about anytime I can get my hands on them. There also hasn't been any type of food that has grossed me out either. I wasn't a picky eater before I got pregnant and I am still not.
I can wear some maternity clothes as they are getting more and more comfortable. Most of my regular clothes still fit but they are getting pretty tight. I still think I just look fat rather than pregnant. I commend you if you are still reading this post. I know it probably has been rather boring but I wanted to write about my first trimester to look back on.
I have another doctor's appointment on Monday the 18th. It won't be anything exciting just a check up with the doctor. I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday! I am so glad it has finally warmed up here. The high today is in the 50's thank goodness!











4 comments:
I never had any morning sickness or anything and I craved chips and salsa too. I also craved the tortilla soup at Texas Land and Cattle. At first I thought I just looked like a woman who had eaten to much pizza with beer! Everyone else said I looked pregnant and not just fat, so I think it is probably just in your head because you aren't used to having a belly. Good luck, hope your dr. apt. goes well.
Hey my next appt is the 18th too!
I LOVEEEE reading about your pregnancy!!!!!!!! Keep it goin'!!! :)
and I have always LOVEEEED the name Grayson!!! It's alway been at the top of my "one day when I have a baby...this will be his or her name" list!!! :)
Have you thought any about colors for the room? I am a huge fan of blue and brown! Picking out the decor for the nursery will be lots of fun!
Post a Comment