Whew! What a weekend. It went by way too fast and I am so not ready to go back to work. We had a wonderful weekend filled with family and food and it doesn't get much better than that!
Wednesday night Dustin and I cleaned the house from top to bottom since his family was coming over for Thanksgiving dinner. We ate BBQ for dinner and were asleep by 10. We got up bright and early Thanksgiving morning and headed over to my parent's house. We had tons of family over for Thanksgiving lunch. I think there was 16 total. My grandpa fried the turkey like he does every year and both my grandmas and my mom slaved away in the kitchen. Everything was fabulous.
Frying the turkey!
I counted all the pies and we had a total of 8 pies. Needless to say we were all stuffed. After we ate we watched some football and then Dustin and I headed home. His family came to our house around 6 for Thanksgiving dinner. It was really hard to eat another meal but I managed to stuff it all down. Ha!
Dustin carving the turkey.
After dinner we watched the Texas vs. A&M game. We had several kiddos at our house and they loved playing with Jax & Maribel. The dogs were worn out by the end of the night.
Jax was ready for bed.
The picture is a little blurry but Maribel and our niece Cassandra are best friends. Maribel just loves when she comes over and always covers Cassandra in kisses. So cute!
Friday Dustin had to work and I met my mom and sister for some shopping. We didn't get up early to fight the black Friday crowd. I slept in and met them Friday afternoon. I didn't get a lot of Christmas shopping done but plan to tackle that in the next few weekends.
Saturday Dustin and I put up all the Christmas decorations. Actually he just got them down from the attic and I did the rest. I am still adding to my decorations every year but I think they turned out nice.
The Christmas Tree. It is a work in progress but I think it turned out pretty good. It is going to be a long Christmas season because Maribel has already destroyed two ornaments.
Our stockings! I bought this is Canton and thought it was perfect since we don't have a fireplace.
My Christmas village in our entry way which is a work in progress. You can't tell in the picture but they are all firehouses. I buy a new one every year and I am working on building it up. I hope to keep adding more.
Christmas wreath that one of my co-workers made for me. She did a fabulous job!
My count down to Christmas santa. I have a few more decorations but I will quit boring you.
Saturday afternoon Dustin and I went to see The Blind Side.
I highly recommend seeing this movie. The story is so touching and Sandra Bullock is amazing in this movie. After the movie Dustin and I went and ate some Mexican food because I was craving it.
Today we slept in and then took the dogs for a walk before it started raining. Then we headed out to get our Christmas present. Neither of us really want anything for Christmas and we had decided not to exchange gifts this year. One thing that we both wanted was a new TV for our bedroom. The one that we had in our bedroom was a small one that I had in high school. Needless to say it was old and it was time to go. Sam's had a really good deal on a 32" flat screen so we went and bought it. That is our Christmas gift to each other a few weeks early!
We ate lunch and then headed home to hook it up. Dustin found himself with two extra helpers.
This was just too cute and they actually were still long enough for me to snap a picture. They were helping Dustin figure out how to program the satellite remote to the new TV. So cute!
I am not looking forward to another week at work but we only have 11 more days until we get to see Baby Wynn! I am just praying that everything will be okay and that we will see a healthy baby on the monitor. These will probably be the longest 11 days ever but I have waited this long so I know I will survive.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!












4 comments:
Glad you had such a good Thanksgiving! Love all your Christmas decorations...that wreath is adorable! I saw The Blind Side Friday night and I LOVED it! Great movie! I will be praying for you and baby Wynn this week!
It sounds like a wonderful, family filled Thanksgiving. I’ve had a fried turkey before and it tastes delicious! That is awesome that your grandpa does that each year. I think it’s great you had 2 separate celebrations. You must have been in a food coma ;) The pics of the kids and dogs are so cute.
My mom and I did some Black Friday shopping too and we went later in the day as well. I still have plenty of Christmas shopping to do also.
The Christmas tree looks really pretty. We have to keep a gate around ours to keep the dogs out, so I completely understand that! I love the Christmas village and pretty wreath.
I’m glad you like The Blind Side. I keep hearing wonderful things about that movie.
Congrats on getting a new TV! I hope you’re feeling well :)
Great pics! I really love the little stocking holder! Too cute!
I love all your Christmas decorations, especially your stocking hanger...I've never seen anything like it!
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment