Thank you everyone for your sweet comments!
I couldn't believe it when the pregnancy test said "pregnant". I was so excited! It was the second test that convinced me, the third test that I believed it and the fourth test was just for fun. Yes I took 4 tests! Actually it was 5 but the first one didn't work. The first test I took was a digital test and it was the only one I had left in the house. It didn't work. It was faulty. So I bought some non-digital tests that same day and waited until the next morning. I got up grabbed a test and was shaking in anticipation of the results. After the results appeared I still didn't know what to think. There was a very faint positive line. I quickly took a picture and sent it to Dustin who was at the fire station. I said "please tell me you see a line too and that I am not crazy". He saw something but wasn't convinced either.
I couldn't believe it when the pregnancy test said "pregnant". I was so excited! It was the second test that convinced me, the third test that I believed it and the fourth test was just for fun. Yes I took 4 tests! Actually it was 5 but the first one didn't work. The first test I took was a digital test and it was the only one I had left in the house. It didn't work. It was faulty. So I bought some non-digital tests that same day and waited until the next morning. I got up grabbed a test and was shaking in anticipation of the results. After the results appeared I still didn't know what to think. There was a very faint positive line. I quickly took a picture and sent it to Dustin who was at the fire station. I said "please tell me you see a line too and that I am not crazy". He saw something but wasn't convinced either.
At work I went during lunch and bought a digital test. I went in the bathroom and to my surprise it said "pregnant". I was extremely excited. Of course I had to contain my excitement because I couldn't tell anyone. My husband had to be the first to know. I quickly called him and told him the news. I don't think it had sunk in yet though. Then I called my mom, dad and my sister. My parents are so excited as this will be their first grandchild. Next I called the doctor and made my first appointment.
This past Tuesday, November 10, we went for our first appointment. I have to say it was rather disappointing. All the doctor did was ask a bunch of questions about our medical history, took a urine sample and blood. That was it. We were hoping to get to see the baby but we will have to continue to wait. I will be 8 weeks this Friday and I won't have my first sonogram until December 10. That seems like forever away and I am trying to be patient.
My plan was to wait and surprise you all with the sonogram picture but I just couldn't wait that long. We are so excited and have been sharing the news with all our friends over the past week. I decided I would share the news with you all too! I am due July 2 and we just couldn't be more excited!
We started trying to have a baby in August. I got pregnant very quick even though it didn't feel quick. We are both hoping for a boy but will be just as thrilled if it is a little girl. We are just praying for a healthy baby! I can't wait to experience this journey and it truely is a miracle!











4 comments:
I am so excited for you, congrats!!
How exciting!!!! :)
Lindsey, I am so excited for y'all! Congratulations and don't feel one bit bad about taking multiple test. When I was suspected I was pregnant with Allie I nearly got arrested I was driving so fast to the CVS trying to by test. I think I took 3! A baby is the sweetest sweetest thing! Congrats, again.
Congrats, Lindsey! That is so exciting!! I am really happy for you and your husband.
Post a Comment