Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Getting to Know Me....Christmas Edition!

Thanks Christa for the idea! I saw this on her blog and I thought I would play along.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? - Wrapping paper! At Christmas I love to wrap presents.

2. Real tree or artificial? - Artificial....I have never had a real tree. My dad is highly allergic to real Christmas trees. We could never have one growing up. Honestly I don't feel like I missed out. I like artifical trees.

3. When do you put up the tree? - The weekend after Thanksgiving. Growing up my sister and I would always help my mom the Friday after Thanksgiving put up all the decorations. Since I have had my own home for the past two years I have kept the same tradition.

4. Do you like eggnog? - NO! Disgusting!

5. Favorite gift received as a child? - Oh I have no idea! I have such a bad memory. I loved all things girly and I got a lot of barbies and dolls growing up.

6. Do you have a nativity scene? - No and I have been meaning to look for one.

7. Hardest person to buy for? - My husband. He never says anything that he wants.

8. Easiest person to buy for? - My mom or sister. They are always telling me things they want!

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? - Mail! I love mailing Christmas cards and I love going to the mailbox everyday during December to see if I received any Christmas cards.

10. Favorite Christmas movie? - I love The Holiday! I just watched it this past weekend. I also like Santa Clause and The Elf.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? - Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving and I usually finish mid December.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? - Everything! I love the fried turkey, ham, dressing, sweet potato casserole, broccoli and rice casserole, mashed potatoes and I could keep going.

13. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree? - Clear lights. I don't like colored lights for some reason.

14. Favorite Christmas song? - Please don't hate me but I don't really like to listen to Christmas music. I know I know...I do like a few songs and I love to sing them at church....my favorite traditional song would be O Holy Night and I love Christmas Cookies by George Strait and Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton.

15. Travel or stay home at Christmas? - We usually stay home at Christmas. Dustin and I both live pretty close to our families.

16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? - Dasher, Prancer, Donner, Vixen, Comit, Cupid.....that is all I can name. I was trying to sing the song in my head. Ha!

17. Angel on tree top or star? - STAR! I have a red star this year.

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? - We always open presents on Christmas morning.

19. The most annoying thing about this time of year? - Nothing really bothers me about this time of year. I love it! It is my favorite time of year.

20. What I love most about Christmas - Spending time with my family. I love the togetherness and spending time with all my family. I also love going to church on Christmas Eve with my family. I love the candle light service every year!

Feel free to play along!

8 comments:

Annie said...

i've seen this post a few times. it's such a fun read :)
i love wrapping christmas presents too!
up until this year i have never cared for christmas music, now i love it. maybe that's a sign i'm getting old! haha!

The France Family said...

I think I will do this too!!!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Oh I love these Im so playing along!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

glad you joined the fun! It was fun to do!

Heather said...

Loved reading your list!

Mrs. Ventrca said...

ok...right there with ya on the Christmas music. I dont like listening to it either...occasionally it is not too bad, but a little goes a long way for me!

Iva Messy said...

such a fun list!

Emily said...

congrats on your baby:) How exciting:) Being a mommy is great:) love your list:)