Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

This Christmas was a very special Christmas because I got to experience my very first WHITE CHRISTMAS!  That's right, it snowed 3 inches in North Texas on Christmas Eve and we woke up on Christmas day to lots of snow.  It was awesome.  I am 25 years old and it has never snowed in Texas on Christmas day.  It was even more shocking that it snowed because on Wednesday it was 75 degrees here.  Never would have thought it would go from 75 degrees to snowing but it is Texas and we always have weird weather.

Dustin had to work Christmas Eve and I spent the day baking and then headed over to my parent's house for dinner.  Before I left I got a few pictures of the dogs in the snow.





Maribel did not want to come out in the snow.  You can barely see her peaking her head out the dog door.


She finally gave in and came out to play.  She loved it.


Jax loved it too!


View from my parent's house on Christmas Eve.

The snow was really nice but it sure put a wrench in everyone's travel plans.  It took me an hour to get home from my parent's house and it is usually a 15 to 20 minute drive.  The snow also caused many churches to cancel Christmas Eve services.  It was the first year that we did not attend Christmas Eve service.  I was a little sad because I love going to church on Christmas Eve. 

Luckily Dustin was able to make it home from the station on Christmas morning.  The roads were still pretty icy.  I was up bright and early in the kitchen getting things ready.  Before we left to head over to my parent's house to open presents and eat lunch we let the dogs open their Christmas presents.  We got them lots of treats and they were in heaven.





We opened presents at my parent's house.  Opening presents always goes by so fast and you spend all that time shopping to make sure you get the prefect gift for someone.  I know presents aren't the most important thing or the reason for the season, but it is a lot of fun to give gifts to your loved ones. 


My dad and Dustin opening gifts.  Dustin got several shirts, which he needed, money, candy and the movie The Hangover.

I got a pair of maternity jeans and a maternity top, money, Jessica Simpson perfume and a few things for Baby Wynn.




My mom got me these and I think they are precious.  I can't wait to start hanging more baby clothes in the closet.

After we opened presents we ate lunch.  My mom made prime rib, mashed potatoes, broccoli and rice casserole, sweet potato casserole and corn.  It was so good and I was so thankful that we did not have to eat turkey again.  We were so stuffed but we still had another meal to eat at Dustin's parent's house.

We headed an hour south to see his family.  It is always a blast because we get to see this little girl.


She loved her new toys. 



We had brisket, mashed potatoes, baked beans, green beans and rice for dinner.  There was tons of pies and cookies.  I was so full I was miserable. 



The dogs were worn out.  This is how they slept the whole way home. 

It was a great Christmas and I can't believe it has already come and gone.  We are having a lazy day today.  We are watching movies and I am going to try and motivate myself to take all the Christmas decorations down.  I always dread it so I just assume get it over with as quick as possible.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your family and loved ones!

3 comments:

Christa said...

I am so jealous of the snow! I wish it would of done that in Houston! Glad you had a great Christmas!!! :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

All my family in Dallas got to experience all the snow! I am shocked that TX beat WA and TN to snow --- so I sadly didn't get a White Christmas :(

The France Family said...

I got Jessica Simpson perfume from my bestie!! Oh and I got Jimmy the Hangover! Ha! Looks like you had a great Christmas!