Monday, August 2, 2010

1 Month Old


Grayson you are 1 month old today! When I stop and think about it time really is flying by but it doesn't feel like it when I think about the sleepless nights. You are getting better and better about sleeping! You don't fuss when I put you in your crib anymore and you will go to sleep on your own.  You still wake up every 2 1/2 to 3 hours at night to eat.  You have gone 4 hours between feedings a few nights and I am hoping it will become habit really soon! 

Your Daddy and I are so over the moon in love with you.  You always bring a smile to my face even when you are fussy.  You are starting to stay awake more and more during the day which makes Mommy so happy.  You have really adjusted to the new schedule and are doing great at the eat, wake, sleep routine (thanks to the book Baby Wise which I highly recommend if you are having or have a newborn baby). 

At your last doctor's appointment at 2 weeks you weighed almost 11 pounds.  You are our little chunky monkey.  I can only imagine what you weigh now.  I notice that you get heavier and heavier each time I pick you up.  You are wearing size 1 diapers and 0 to 3 month clothes.  Some of the 3 months clothes fit you but some are still too big.  We give you a bath twice a week and you seem to really like it.  You do not cry or fuss, you just sit there with a curious look on your face.  Your umbilical cord fell off at 16 days and we have been doing tummy time every day.  You mostly just lay there but you have moved your head from side to side twice now. You usually last about 3 to 4 minutes before you start fussing.

In your fist month of life you have been to Target, the grocery store, the mall, Old Navy, 2 restaurants, Daddy's work and Mommy's office to visit.  You really like riding in the car.  You go right to sleep. This past weekend your great grandparents came to visit you.  




You are able to focus on our faces and you sometimes will turn your head towards voices.  You are becoming more and more fun everyday! I can't wait to watch you grow and change!

On a side note: Today is Mommy and Daddy's 2 year anniversary!  We celebrated by going to dinner at Texas de Brazil last night and your Grammy and Grumpy watched you.  

Happy Anniversary Dustin! I love you! 

1 comment:

Christa said...

Happy 1 Month to Grayson! He is soo cute! Also, Happy Anniversary!!! Hope you had a great day!