Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Grayson Update

If there was an award for worst blogger I would win hands down. It's been forever I know. I thought I would do an update on Grayson since it has been forever since he has been featured on this little ol' blog.

He started walking a few weeks after his first birthday in July. With the walking came a new found independence. He wants to do everything himself. He also wants to walk every where. Going places is very difficult these days. He won't sit in a buggie or his stroller. He wants to walk but will sometimes be okay with you holding him instead. Our recent trip to the grocery store resulted in this...


It kept him quiet and he forgot about wanting to walk.

He also wants to be outside ALL THE TIME. We live in Texas, it's HOT! It has cooled off recently which has been nice. We have been going outside in the evenings a lot more. I swear my child would live outside if I let him. Coming inside usually results in a kicking and screaming child.







Grayson also loves the water. One night after eating Spaghetti instead of using a million wipes to clean him up, we took him outside and hosed him off. He loved it!

Grayson is almost 15 months and I can't believe it. He is a mess and I fall in love with him more everyday.


He loves to get in the dryer when I am trying to do laundry.

He is starting to talk more and more. His favorite word is Bobo. Yes I know that is completely crazy. Dustin and I started calling Jax, our male Boxer, Bobo a long time ago. Grayson has caught on that the dogs are Bobo. I swear that is the first word he says in the morning and the last word he says before bed. Crazy kid. He lights up when the dogs come into the room. He loves them so much. He also says Momma, hot, juice, shoes, outside and Mo for Elmo. The kid only has 3 different Elmo's.

He loves to eat.


We haven't entered the picky stage yet and I am hoping we don't. I can tell the things he doesn't like as much though because he doesn't eat very much of it. I have been told that what I make for dinner (or rather what Dustin makes for dinner since I don't cook) is what he will eat. We shouldn't make him something else just because he doesn't like it or eat it. If we start that we will forever be doing that. No, I don't starve my child. I have been sticking by that and luckily he will at least eat some of what we give him if he doesn't like it. Later if he didn't eat very much I will give him some yogurt or some fruit so he doesn't go to bed hungry. We do stick with making things that we know he likes or at least we think he will like if we haven't made it before. 

 In the mornings while I am getting ready for work I will put him in my bed after he wakes up. He will drink his milk and watch Mickey Mouse. It takes everything I have not to get in bed and snuggle with him. At least I get to snuggle with him on the weekends.


Driving up the drive way at Grandma's house. We went and visited Dustin's mom a few weekends ago and she has a long gravel drive way.


This past Sunday I went over to my parent's house and my dad was out in the garage so naturally Grayson wanted to be out there too. Grumpy sat him on his bike.

Just for my memories:

~ Grayson is wearing 2T shirts and 18 month pants

~ Wearing a size 5 diaper during the day and a size 6 at night

~ Size 6 shoe

~ I don't know his weight since we don't go to the doctor until a few weeks.


I love this little boy more than anything in the world.





No comments: