Monday, May 9, 2011

First Mother's Day

It was a busy busy weekend. Friday night I met some friends for dinner and to see the movie Something Borrowed. Loved it! I want to see it again. Saturday morning I headed to the salon to get my hair done. It has been 6 long months and my hair needed some TLC. After my appointment we headed south to visit Dustin's mom for Mother's Day.

We took his mom out to dinner and ate at a yummy Mexican food place.


When we got back from dinner and our night went south. We always take our dogs with us when we go visit Dustin's family. His mom lives on 2 fenced in acres so the dogs love to go run and play. When we got back from dinner Maribel was wheezing really really loud and it sounded as if she was struggling to get air. We thought maybe she had gotten overheated so we ran the water hose over her to cool her off. That didn't help and she continued to act as if she was struggling to breathe. So we hopped in the car and headed to an emergency clinic. Three and a half hours and a huge tab later we finally left around 11:30 p.m. with Maribel. After xrays and the vet sedating her to look in her throat we discovered she must of had an allergic reaction to something. It caused her tonsils and larynx to swell which caused the difficulty breathing. We were just happy that it was nothing serious and that she was going to be okay. She is doing a lot better.

Since we didn't get home until after 1 a.m. we didn't make it to church on Sunday morning. Dustin let me sleep in and then I got up and did a few things around the house. Grayson was still worn out from the late night and he went back down and took a 3 1/2 hour nap. Dustin and I ate lunch and relaxed. Later that afternoon my family came over to celebrate Mother's Day and we watched the Mavericks sweep the Lakers.

My mom and Grayson

The soon to be Newlyweds





For Mother's Day Grayson got me a heart shaped necklace with his name and birthstone on it and a new jewelry box with "I Love You Mommy" engraved on it. I was touched.

It was a fantastic first Mother's Day and I am so very blessed.


2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Glad to hear your first mother's day was great and that Maribel is going to be okay!

PS - you look GREAT!

Heather said...

I'm glad that you had a wonderful first mother's day!