Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's Been Forever

I know I have abandoned my blog. I hope to be back in the swing of things and update more regularly now! A LOT has been going on. For starters I have another new job. You may remember this post where I told you about my new job as a teacher's aide. Well, if you have watched the news lately you know that there are major cuts to the education budget in Texas.  Shortly after I started my new job I got the opportunity to join my old co-worker at a new office she started a lot closer to where I live. Since I knew things with education were not going very well I decided to take the offer. I am very glad I did because in March I found out that I was going to be laid off from the school district. Since they were laying me off they let me go ahead and leave without finishing the school year. I am now back to working in real estate and I am happy. I did love teaching and I do think I really would have enjoyed having my own classroom, but honestly I don't really like where education is going right now. I'm not so sure that I want to be a part of it right now. My heart goes out to all the educators who have lost their jobs recently. It is so very sad.

This little guy is growing like a weed!



He is 9 months old and is into everything. I can't sit still for a minute. He is also pulling up on everything including the side of the bathtub. I have my hands full. His favorite thing to do is play with our doggie door. He did crawl completely outside one day and I found him on the patio. Please don't call CPS on me, I was watching him but I took my eyes off him for literally a second to put something away and he crawled through the dang door.

Dustin and I can't get enough of him.




I celebrated my 27 birthday in March (sadly I don't have any pictures). I also hosted a bridal shower for my sister.  I can't believe her wedding is in 45 days. It seems like forever ago since they got engaged. She has a couple's shower this weekend and another shower next weekend. I am going to be a busy bee between now and May 21.



I recently signed Grayson up for swim lessons this summer. I can't wait! He dunks his face in the water in the bathtub so I know he won't have any problems getting in the pool.

I have lots more to post so hopefully I will get caught up soon. I have a little more free time now so hopefully I won't neglect my blog for so long this time around!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Grayson is so adorable Lindsay! Glad you found a happy place to be in the job world also!

Christa said...

He is SOO cute! Glad to hear an update!!

Amanda Fouts said...

GLAD you're back! Grayson is getting SO big!!! He's SOOOO HANDSOME!!!