Monday, December 20, 2010

Update.....Where does the time go?

A lot has been going on in the Wynn household but I just haven’t had the time or energy to sit down and write a blog post. Honestly I am just too dang tired! I still have yet to write Grayson’s 5 month post and he is quickly approaching 6 months. I can’t believe Christmas is this week. Crazy! I still haven’t finished all of my shopping and yesterday I finally got around to wrapping a few presents. To say I am behind is an understatement. I have a feeling I am going to be doing some last minute shopping this year which is totally not like me. I usually have my shopping done early.

I guess I will start with the biggest news. I got a new job and I start January 3! Two years ago I started an alternative certification program to get my teacher certification. Two years later I finally got a job as a teacher aide. I have to start some where and I really feel like God is finally opening the doors for me. I am going to be working at one of the high schools in my home town. I am very excited, nervous, scared and anxious. I am so glad to have this opportunity and I am loving the fact that it will give me more time with Grayson. No more commuting!!! It has been a long road to get here and I am so thankful it is finally happening. At the same time I am very sad to be leaving my current job. I have worked here for 5 years and everyone in my office is like family to me. They are also sad but wish me well in my new adventure. With this new job will come many struggles but Dustin and I are prepared and I am praying that this position will open the door to land a teaching position in August.

This month was a big month for babies! Two of my very best friends had baby boys this month! Kelsie’s little boy Brock was born on December 4 and Jennifer’s little boy Cade was born on December 15. I can’t wait for Grayson and these two little boys to get old enough to play with each other. I hope they will be great friends!

Grayson officially has two teeth. His bottom front teeth finally came through last week and those little suckers are sharp! I know the worst isn’t over and I was hoping he would get a little break before the next ones decide to come in but no such luck. He has not been feeling good the past few days and I know it is his teeth. Poor little guy! I have a bunch of pictures of him but I still need to upload them. Hopefully over the Christmas holiday I can get them uploaded. I did a little mini photo shoot of him in my living room one day. The pictures aren’t great because one I am not a photographer and two he wouldn’t be still. Some of them turned out okay though.

We are celebrating Christmas with Dustin’s family and my family on Christmas Eve. Since Dustin has to work on Christmas day we have to fit everyone in on one day. It is going to be madness. Because Dustin is working on Christmas day we may do Santa early and let Grayson wake up on Christmas Eve morning to presents from Santa. I thought about not doing it all together but I changed my mind. At least he is little and doesn’t have a clue that it is even Christmas. We didn’t go all out for his first Christmas either. I am still excited for his first Christmas though. I am also hoping we can get to church on Christmas Eve also. I love the Christmas Eve candle light services.

Hopefully I will be back soon with lots of pictures. Just in case I don’t get around to blogging again before Christmas, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Kendall and Brooks said...

Congrats on the new job!!!!!

Christa said...

Congrats on the new job...that's great!