Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lazy but Productive Weekend

It was more lazy than productive and I'm sad it is almost Monday again.  Friday was a pretty slow day at work so I ran some errands during lunch.  I ran over to Target to pick up a few things and I found these.

Aren't they cute? Obviously it will be a while before Grayson could wear them but I just couldn't pass them up.  They are so adorable!

I left work a little early on Friday and Dustin and I headed to Red Lobster for dinner.  They just built a new Red Lobster near our house.  We haven't eaten at Red Lobster in a very long time so we decided to give it a try.  It was pretty good.  Then we came home and watched The Soloist with Jamie Fox.  It was a pretty slow movie and kind of boring.  The story line was good though.  I had never heard of the movie but saw it on Netflix and decided to watch it.

Saturday we went to breakfast at our favorite place Old West.  Then we headed to pick up some heartworm pills and dog food for the dogs.  After that we went to the grocery store.  Then we came home and I cleaned out the pantry and fridge.  It is embarrasing at how many expired items I threw away.  Then we cleaned up the house a little and then decided to tackle the closet in the future nursery.  It was a nightmare.  I couldn't believe the amount of stuff that was in that closet.  I think it was one of those places that became a quick fix for putting things that I didn't know what to do with when we moved in.  Here is what the room looked like after we started pulling stuff out.

There was still more in the closet. 

We finally got it all cleaned up and organized and moved into the guest bedroom closet.  The future nursery is all cleaned out except for our old desk top computer and computer desk and the stuff on the walls.  I plan on tackling that in the next few weeks.  I am so glad the closet is behind me now. After we finished that huge chore we relaxed, ate pizza and watched The Alphabet Killer and Management.  The Alphabet Killer was a typical murder mystery but it did have a few surprising twists and a different ending.  It was a good movie.  Management was funny and stared Jennifer Anniston.  The story line was stupid/funny but it was a good movie too.  We headed to bed after that.  I was exhausted.

Dustin is working today and I plan on finishing up a few things around the house before the Super Bowl.  I am going to go over to my parent's house to watch the Super Bowl for a little bit.  I am pulling for the Saints because they have never been to or won a Super Bowl before.  I think it would be neat to see them win.  I am looking forward to all the yummy food at my parent's house.  I am making a cheese ball.  This morning I found this sweet guy all cuddled up.

  
I hope you all had a great weekend! 

2 comments:

Jules said...

Those rain boots for Grayson are so cute and perfect considering Dustin’s job. I haven’t been to Red Lobster in forever, but love those cheddar biscuits.

Good job on cleaning and organizing and it sounds like you saw some great movies this weekend. Your dog is very cute!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Hi Lindsey

Congrats on your little guy!

Hey can you email me at newlywedsnextdoor@gmail.com, I have a question for you!

Thanks!