This was a really fun weekend! Friday night I just relaxed after getting off work. Dustin was at work and I went to bed early. Saturday I slept in and then did some things around the house. Later in the afternoon Dustin and I ran some errands. Then we came home and got ready for dinner with some friends in Ft. Worth.
My college roommate Angela and her husband live in Ft. Worth and we met up with them at this restaurant called Buttons. It is soul food and boy was it good! We had to wait an hour and 15 minutes for a table it was so crowded. They have live music on the weekends and the band that was playing was their most popular band. I have to say the food was worth the wait. All of us had chicken and waffles for dinner. That is some soul food! It was to die for! The waffles are injected with cinnamon butter. The fried chicken and mac and cheese didn't disappoint. Here is a picture of my plate before I ate the entire thing.
We were going to go bowling after dinner but it was so late when we got through eating we decided to call it a night. I haven't seen Angela since her wedding last May so it was fun to catch up with her. They just moved into a house in Ft. Worth and their new neighbor is the lead guitarist for Pat Green. I thought that was pretty cool.
This morning Dustin and I were very lazy...probably because we were still stuffed from the night before. We slept until 10. I haven't done that in forever. I couldn't believe the time when I woke up. Then I got ready for one of my long time friend's bridal shower. Her name is April and she is getting married in April.
April and I have known each other since kindergarten and we lived together some during college. She got lots of great gifts and there was lots of yummy food. We had ice cream sundaes for desert! I had so much fun at her shower. There were about 8 of us there that grew up together. We had so much fun laughing and sharing stories. Even the high school year books were brought out. Oh man was that interesting!
Here is the gang! We had a lot of great memories!
Now I am finishing up laundry and getting ready for Sunday night TV! It was such a great weekend! I will be back on Wednesday with an update after we go to the doctor!











2 comments:
You had me at fried chicken w. mac & cheese. Yum! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend with your family & friends! You girls all look so happy! Have a good week!
Sounds like a great weekend! Left something for you on my blog!
Post a Comment