Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Feel Like I Won the Lottery

In terms of day care that is. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Day care is a very scary situation for new moms. I know the first day I have to drop Grayson off at day care is going to kill me. It is so hard to imagine someone else taking care of your child. Dustin and I looked into several day cares around our house and we even visited one of them. It was a very nice facility and had lots to offer but I still didn't feel right about it. One of my best friends even works there. It just seemed too big for me.


I started to consider in home day care but I had no idea where to even start looking. As luck would have it, one of the moms in my Bunco group referred me to Mrs. L (that is what I am going to call her on here). I had actually met Mrs. L before when I subbed for another Bunco group. I was first referred to her about 2 months ago and Mrs. L wasn't sure if she was going to continue keeping children or if she would even have a spot open. She is only taking referrals at this time. The mom in my Bunco group put me in touch with Mrs. L a few weeks ago and we met with her last night. Turns out she has 2 spots open for the fall and one of them is Grayson's! Mrs. L is such a sweet, caring and loving woman that I know she is going to take great care of Grayson. I have heard so many good things about her and I know that this was the right decision.

She has been keeping children in her home for many years. She has a wonderful facility in her home and she only keeps 4 to 5 children at a time and they are all under the age of 2.  She doesn't keep kids older than 2. By the time your child leaves her day care they will know their ABC's and know how to recognize the letters. They will also know a little spanish and sign language. She also keeps the children on a strict schedule, which I like. She is registered with the state and she is so good about keeping up and complying with all the state laws. She is CPR certified too and there is a fire station 2 blocks away from her home.

I am so relieved and I actually feel good about day care now. I think it is going to be a great thing for Grayson. He is going to get lots of interaction and will be learning too. I am so excited and I feel like I won the lottery! We are going to drop off our deposit and paper work this afternoon. I am so thankful for God answering my prayers! He is so good!

5 comments:

Shannon Dew said...

What a relief that must be! That's great. I am PRAYING that my MIL will watch our little bundle of joy, otherwise I don't know what we'll do!

Christa said...

That's great! Sounds like he will be in a good place!

Kendall and Brooks said...

oh that is GREAT Linds!!!!! That sounds SO perfect!

Kelsey Claire said...

Just came to your blog from Christa! I saw that you were from Texas. We live in Addison. Where do you live? Congrats on your bundle of joy!

Jules said...

Lindsey, I am so excited for you. My girlfriends and I talk about this all the time, especially since one of our best friends is due in May. It is so scary putting your child in the hands of virtual strangers at a daycare center. It sounds like Mrs. L runs a great operation and that Grayson will be in good hands.

P.S. I love the name Grayson!