Before I update on you on Baby Grayson I wanted to share a heart breaking story with you. Megan from In This Wonderful Life shared some heart breaking news about her little baby Cohen. She is 22 weeks pregnant and they just discovered that her baby has 4 heart conditions. They are currently looking for doctors all over the country that have had a case similar to theirs. She and her husband had fertility problems and this baby was a long awaited blessing for them. You can head over to her blog to read more.
Sometimes it is hard to be happy for yourself when you read about so many other people's heart break and struggles. I don't know what it's like to struggle with fertility and so far I have a healthy baby growing inside me. It sometimes makes you feel not deserving of what you have but it does make you appreciate what you have. I am reminded daily of the many blessings I have and I try to thank God for them as much as possible.
Please pray for Megan, her husband and Baby Cohen. My heart really did break after her reading her blog.
I am one week shy of being half way through my pregnancy! So far everything is great and I don't have any complaints. In the last couple of weeks my belly has really seemed to grow. I honestly can't picture it being any bigger than it is but I know it is going to get so much bigger. It itches constantly. Any suggestions on what I can use to stop the itching and help prevent stretch marks??
My appetitie has increased tremendously. I am always hungry and can't ever seem to feel full. Not good for trying to keep my weight gain under control. My current cravings and things I have been eating a ton of are: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cheddar sour cream ruffles, pizza and ice cream. Again, not looking good for keeping weight gain under control.
I pee constantly and Dustin thinks we should buy stock in toilet paper. Ha! Because it is my blog, I think my boobs are finally getting a little bigger. I have to be totally honest here I was most excited about my boobs getting bigger while pregnant. I have always been lacking in this department. I had to buy a new bra this weekend but I was disappointed when I had to buy the same cup size just bigger around. Boo!
Grayson is moving a lot more these days. I will feel small movements throughout the day and evening. I start to get worried when I don't feel anything after a long period of time. I know it is him moving though because I have never felt anything like it before. I can't wait until Dustin can feel him move. He tried to feel him move a few nights ago when we were in bed. I could feel Grayson moving a lot so Dustin put his hand over my stomach. He never could feel anything. I think it is still a little early for that.
We have our big appointment on the 24th and it can't get here quick enough. I am so ready to start planning the nursery. I am about 95% sure that we are having a boy but I want to get confirmation before planning anything. Maybe it wasn't such a good thing we had the doctor guess so early but I was so anxious to know. Ha!












7 comments:
i love the belly collage! and yes, it was me you saw! right after we walked by, i looked at your mom and realized that it was you guys! i told nathan i feel like we are best friends since i read your blog so often :) your belly is looking beautiful, i cant wait for the gender confirmation! and dont worry about the weight gain. i gained plenty in my first pregnancy and got it all off within 6 months. you look tiny in your pics anyways!! my belly itched constantly the first time around too, and i used lotion with coacoa butter. cant wait to hear more about the baby! xoxo
You look great Lindsey!!!!!!
no peanut butter in your last trimester or while your nursing, if you plan to do that! dont want to increase the risk for peanut allergies...until then, enjoy all the peanut butter you like!
you looked great on Sunday! Good to see you and your family!
you look great hun!! such a cute tummy!!
p.s. praying for cohen!
You look fabulous! I love your sweet baby bump!
Cohen's heart problems are breaking my heart. I am so sad for Megan. I'm praying a lot for them.
Your montage of photos is so cute! I love it.
PS- Hilarious about the boobs department
Awww... you look adorable! I bet you can't wait to meet your little fireman :)
Post a Comment