Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Gosh the holidays sure fly by fast. We had a great Thanksgiving and I am still stuffed! Our Thanksgiving started last weekend when we celebrated with Dustin's family.  His side of the family came to our house and we did things a little non-traditional.  We grilled hamburgers and made homemade potato salad and beans.  Since we were celebrating early and everyone was going to get their fair share of turkey this week, we decided non-traditional was the way to go.

Thanksgiving morning Grayson and I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade and then we got ready and headed to my parent's house.  Unfortunately Dustin had to work.  My sister, both sets of my grandparents and my uncle were there.  We all stuffed ourselves with fried turkey and dressing. It was so good!

After we ate we watched the Cowboy game and scoured the black Friday sale ads.

Rocking with Granny Jo.

Later that afternoon Grayson and I headed to the fire station to have Thanksgiving dinner with Dustin. I didn't get any pictures and Grayson slept the whole time. It was a fun time had by all.  The guys cooked the turkey and all the wives brought a side dish.

Friday morning I was not up bright and early. I'm not much of a black Friday shopper. There was only one thing I wanted to get Dustin for Christmas and luckily my dad was getting up super early and going to the same place. He got it for me. We did venture out to the mall later. It was super packed of course. I went with the intentions of getting some Christmas shopping done but I ended up shopping for myself.  I couldn't help it. There were some great deals! We were exhausted when we got home and Grayson had the right idea.


We went for Mexican food for dinner and called it a night.  Saturday we slept in, thank you Grayson! After we got up and moving we went to lunch at Twisted Root Burger.  It was so good. They were featured on The Food Network's Diners, Dives & Drive-Ins.

Grayson drooling wishing he could have some!

After that we headed to Garden Ridge to get some Christmas decorations for the house. We came home and Dustin put up the lights outside while I put up the Christmas tree.  All my Christmas stuff is up.  Now all I need is presents to go under the tree.

Dustin had to work today and Grayson and I have done nothing all day! It has been fabulous.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know we did!

2 comments:

Christa said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Grayson is just adorable!

Kendall and Brooks said...

I LOVE Grayson's little red vest!!!